1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AVGN or Irate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonez001, Jun 4, 2010.

?

AVGN or Irate?

1. AVGN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Irate gamer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No of the two

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes, because the IrateGamer doesn't publicly acknowledge James.

Irate, or Chris Bores, literally bought his first consoles once he watch AVGN, and blatantly plagiarized the videos (from the jokes and lines). Not only that, he used to delete comments on his youtube page referring to AVGN, until he decided to disable comments all together. He also finds that SMB2 is too hard, Contra sucks etc. I really don't like him for many more reasons other than being a plagiarized character.

It's no Coke vs Pepsi scenario, it's more like Wii VS Fake Chinese Wii.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

...In which video did he say Contra sucks?

Don't you think it's the other way around? SMB2 is inferior to the other Mario games, Contra is bloody hard.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

His Contra review, he implied that both are hard and suck because of the difficulty. Don't forget his awesome wording like "Super Mario The Lost Levels is the perfect predecessor to the first.".

"It's unclear as to why they copied [Doki Doki Panic]" (Instead of Lost Levels). Because Nintendo figured that people in America would think it's too hard (it was really hard, actually), and they used Doki Doki Panic. He mentioned previously in his review of the game that he researched extensively. His reasoning is that it's too similar to the original, huh, never heard that anywhere but his review.

4. Stanley Richards

The original worked, and still does...

And I now hate him more then I should, just because he said that both Contra games suck.

5. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

Hes gonna take you back to the past,to play the shitty games that suck ass!lool AVGN FTW

6. Stanley Richards

Not to mention, he's like the most famous reviewer ever.

7. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

From now on I'll back-off from the Irate and AVGN debates.
    I'm out!
    °°°Leaves topic°°°

8. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Yahtzee FTW. I don't really see most of his reviews as anything other than comedy (I disagree with his opinions on a lot of games), but he has some valid points.

AVGN is pretty low on my list of Internet funnies, but that Irate Gamer irritates me and isn't funny IMAO.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't find AVGN funny, I find him entertaining, likewise with Yahtzee. I don't find Irate Gamer ever remotely funny, he simply tries to hard and falls flat. His jokes, his 'acting', his scripts, and his voice/speech patterns are definitely not up to par to make a video out of. And I'm genuinely surprised he has followers.

I'm not even that big of a fan for AVGN, although I am a fan of James Rolf's stuff. His Bullshit videos and Board James ones are probably his best.

10. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

irate gamer just has that annoying monotone voice and such unfunny dialogue mixed with no emotion when he delivers it.

I've been a big fan of james for a few years and I support all the material he makes, I saw the irate gamer a loooong time after I first saw the angry nintendo nerd (going oldschool here) and it was just recycled reviews that I'd already seen from the ANN but with less emotion... which just made it a whole lot unfunnier than it did before. It's not even the exact humour of the avgn that I like, it's the way he delivers it that makes it so funny to me.

Anyway, just a little support to james here. Go visit Cinemassacre (James' website) and check out some of his other material.

11. Stanley Richards

If he didn't try to be funny, but rather, sticked to informative reviews, I'd probably give him another chance.

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question:
    What did Irate steal + proof!!

13. Stanley Richards

14. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Is there more?

15. Stanley Richards

The proof, is in the videos.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Stole his style of reviewing (reviewing old games, having terrible special effects, the swearing). He even plagiarized the jokes in some reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOeu2wJ3Ycg

17. irbaboon

irbaboon New Member

Neither, their is only NC.

18. monopoman

monopoman New Member

Irate is the Carlos Mencia of video game parody reviewers. If you're not sure why I call him Carlos Mencia watch either the South Park about fishsticks or look up Carlos Mencia.

19. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I've never seen Irate, but he sounds like an asshole. AVGN is awesome though.

20. Stanley Richards

Nostalgia Critic is in a different range of reviews. He does movies, not games. One who is an expert on games isn't usually good at movies.