1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Avatars For Xbox 360 interface menu.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by rpgirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I just got another question regarding the XBOX 360, when I first tested it at the shop, I saw an avatar with fully dressed icon on the menu deshboard but I don't know what I did, somehow when I got home, the avatar just went pitched black and remained a shadow. Do I need to do something to get my avatar back? I mean do I need to purchase it? I created a profile but there was only a small icon appeared beside the name but no avatar. Please let me know, as I am totally new to this:) Just got it yesterday:) Thank you.

2. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

update your xbox
    and go to the icon beside the game
    then press edit avatar

3. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I can't update my XBOX cause it's modded. But even without the avatar it's still playable though it would be nice to have the original settings back to norm

4. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Reset your console and repeat the whole process of choosing your preferences and making avatar.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm pretty sure you can update a console that's modded. You can get the newest update on the xbox.com site or update and then get banned later on Xbox Live.

6. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Found the solution to this unbelievable stupid problem. All I need to do just update when the game disc is inserted into the console (once only) and I got my avatars all back!:) Nearly went all out to dismantling my precious console but luckily one lady suggested that I might as well update a game whenever it's prompted to do so. Unknown to me I have never tried to update and even deleting the update in my console. So, this really did the trick. Anyone having the same problem as I did can try this next time!:)

7. HorrorOvYig

HorrorOvYig Well-Known Member

I downloaded the update from my PC where you can use a USB Flash Drive's as storage.
    The one I got on YouTube didn't have no Avatar.
    I got the update here instead.

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/dashboard-updates/4045-xbox-360-nxe-dashboard-update-2-0-9199-0-avatars-download.html