1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by insanecrazy07, Jul 21, 2008.

1. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

anime stylized it is

and lightning benders are fire benders
    zokus sister has the rare ability of fire benders to manipulate lightning
    same as kataras ability to heal i think

2. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Nah i remember some episodes where other waterbenders have healed. I think the point in the owrld of avatar is how you actually train or use your powers. Much like that anime one piece. Your power is there. Just a matter of how you control it

3. nanashiusako

nanashiusako New Member

I've never seen Avatar, though I do want to. A lot of people say 3 seasons isn't enough, but some too many american cartoons are pointless or go on and on and on forever. I prefer a show that has a point and an ending.

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

If you actually watched avatar, it has a point and ending. At it ended recently at season 3.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

What I'd like to see is a spin off series, like hundreds of years later where new breeds of Benders are born. Like what I said earlier, steel benders, plant benders, gemstone benders, & Lightning benders.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I noticed that Aang was the only one without a specialized bending.

Katara had blood bending, plant bending, and healing, Toph had metal bending and blind sight, Zuko had the lightning redirection although Aang eventually learned that too.

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I seriously think they should improve the bending concepts. Right now when I see Aang fight with Zuko/ Azula, all i see is fireballs, Aangs wind ball and his basic attacks. They should do more creative stuff like the way some firebenders bend fire as a whip. They should have made Aang combine his attacks. Being an avatar, it's a waste if you dont do it like say maybe bend earth and fire to make some molten lava attack. Or a fire wind combo to strengthen fire.

8. insanecrazy07

Right. All Aang really did for the first two seasons was airbend.

And you're right again, they never combined any two arts.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That would be awesome, and if he added his Avatar spirit powers he should have been able to create, rather summon elemental beasts as well, like a rock golem or mud monster of sorts.

10. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

combined arts:
    fire + earth = magma bending
    fire + air = explosion bending
    water + earth = tremor bending
    water + air = weather bending

11. insanecrazy07

There's that "sparky sparky boom man" that does explosion bending.
    He didn't last long though...

12. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Was that his name? I thought it was combustion man.

13. insanecrazy07

That's what Sokka called him.

14. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

its boomy

15. insanecrazy07

boomy (spelled Bumi) was the Earth King in the one of the earth places, (not the main one).

16. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Interesting fact, in malay and indonesian i think, Bumi actually means Earth

17. ScoutGirl

ScoutGirl New Member

(Hey, I'm new)
    Avatar's not bad I guess. The topic's kinda old. You know, water, air, earth, and fire...gets boring after a while. sigh. good show, though

18. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Well i know were to watch the Dubbed Version. this is the site i use to watch all the anime that i know off thats been dubbed.

www.Justdubs.net

19. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Oh, yeah I heard that thing then suddenly,
    i got pissed off cuz my classm8
    tells the whole freaking stry again and again.
    But, nice cartoon. (well for my classm8 cuz he said I should post here -_-)

P.S.
    Hehehey!!! I dont know how to change my avatar! can someone help me? ??? ???

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

haseoTOD, find the "Profile" button at the very top of the page of the forum you're viewing. Click on it, then on your profile page, find the "Forum Profile Information" menu item & click on it. Now it will take you to a page where you can upload your avatar.

And yeah, please avoid SMS speak on your posts, people don't like that here.