1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by insanecrazy07, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

It's in between mostly for teens i think. Would a cartoon for kids show people making out and stuff like that. Either way, cartoon is great, game sucks period.

2. irishsausage

irishsausage New Member

thats what i could never work out, what demographic is Avatar actually aimed at? I'm 17 and I like it, my Uncle is 30 an he likes it. So who is it aimed at exactly?

3. blackmizo

blackmizo New Member

i love this show! i hope they create the air book

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

How can they? Aang was the last Air Bender right.

Which brings me to a very interesting question. Say Aang finally dies, how can the cycle of the Avatar continue?

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

It just does. Any One person is chosen to be an Avatar the minute one perishes. It does not matter if you are an airbender or not. Once you are an avatar, you have the ability to control all four elements without regards to wether there are any more of those type of benders left alive.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes but how will the future Avatar learn proper Air Bending if there are no Air Benders left? Just like when Aang was starting out in Book one, though he can bend Water, he still needed a Master to teach him the finer techniques of water Bending. Katara wasn't any help in the start at all, all she could do then were just fancy water moves she "developed" herself.

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Guess he have to learn himself. I mean think about it, the very first Airbender that was ever born definitely had to do it the hard way. Such is life

edit: Just remembered, Aang could travel to the spirit world to seek guidance with past avatars, that might work too

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh yeah, that might. :)

9. lester2020

lester2020 Well-Known Member

As I recall there are four nations: The Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and the Air Nomad. So following the order it also the same as the Avater Cycle.

They already showed Book Three: Fire.

So the climax would be Book Four: Air, if there is a climax to the story?

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

There couldn't be an Air book for two obvious reasons:

1. Aang IS the last Airbender, and
    2. He already mastered Air Bending.

11. lester2020

lester2020 Well-Known Member

Will Aang break the Avatar cycle after the Fire Lord's demise? So that the four nations will master the other elements. (Other Avatar fans said it if it's fact or rumor)

12. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Well book 3 seem like the ultimate end. I mean who is there left to fight? Firelord Ozai is locked up and well i guess the only thing they can continue is Zuko finding his mother. Then again, they can always create some lame reason like "oh there were actually some firebenders still alive in hiding, awaiting the return of the avatar or whatever". Or maybe Aang will mate with katara and their kid will be an airbender, who knows?

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yup, that'd work! ;D

Or how about like in Final Fantasy-esque manner, a sinister "Darkness" Bender may appear who was controlling Ozai's actions after all.

Or how about new breeds of Benders appearing, like Plant Benders, Lightning (electricity) Benders, Steel Benders,or how about Gemstone Benders :D

14. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Dude, that will become sooo Pokemon-ish.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I wonder if Avatar will get more following if the producers went that Pokemon-ish path?

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

the story that never ends.

17. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

avatar is one of the best american animes ever(wait... are avatar and ben 10 the only american anime?)
    check ben 10
    its as awesome as avatar

the avatar before aang was from the fire nation

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Technically Avatar IS NOT an Anime as it didn't come from Japan. It was Anime stylized though.

19. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

uh right
    what do you call the style of drawing on avatar then?
    it wont do as a cartoon
    thats for looney disney toons

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

As I said, it's "Anime stylized", meaning the Artwork design was inspired from Anime/manga. And a very light adaptation of the style I might add, you can still see evidences of "western" influences on the Cartoon.