1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Arrested for virtual murder????

Discussion in 'General News' started by HumrH360, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The thing that scares me, however, is...

Why is a 43 year old playing MapleStory? And why can't anyone spell AND capitalize MapleStory right? There is no space, and the S is capitalized.

2. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

All I have to say to that,is WTF!! ???

3. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's fun. I think it's rather............... exaggerated.

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

She's not being arrested FOR "virtual murder". As loony said, hacking into someone's personal account or information (or otherwise tampering with unauthorized information) is illegal in most places.

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Upsetting weird 43 year olds sounds fun to me

6. ultra

ultra Guest

it's symbolic of a possible real life action. it's one of those psychology explanation.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This is just stupid.

8. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

she hacked the pass logged it in KILLED the avatar and gets jailed for 5 yrs
    now that law is unfair
    i suggest lowering it to maybe a month and a half

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

OR a fine of 1,000 of your USD

10. harjaz

harjaz Well-Known Member

Yeah but I doubt she'll get 5 years for it. That would be crazy, it's not like she stole private data or committed fraud. And why does the article keep on saying murder/killed? The character got deleted.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

accessing a computer system without proper authorisation can get up to 15 years depending on if any damage was done and intent. She deleted his character deliberately, which is both damage (unauthorised deletion of computer data) and intent.

12. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

She could basically do anything once she is in his account. She may even have had access to his banking details or something (don't know if this is possible in this game, but could be). Like loony said, intentional and unlawful manipulation of private information. It is highly immoral and illegal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.