1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are you really an Otaku? Let's take a test & see.

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 10, 2009.

1. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

nobody does anyway
    except for the "real" otakus

2. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Who is the "real" otakus here?

3. crazytuna

The one who answered 200/200 without cheating

4. forte_amirul

Well,we need for that one to come.

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

You answered "yes" to 28 of 200 questions, making you 86.0% otaku pure (14.0% otaku corrupt).
    Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 10%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 66.4%.
    The first submission for this test was received August 5, 1998.

It's only 86.0% because I know all about the hentai and definitions, if I didn't I would be like 91.0%

6. forte_amirul

Who is the highest so far?

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well corruption is the highest Otaku factor
    Purity is anti-otaku

8. forte_amirul

Now I get it.

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes, I can explain better than the person who made that test.
    I also doubt the credibility of that test in general..

10. forte_amirul

Is all the question same?

11. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

You answered "yes" to 66 of 200 questions, making you 67.0% otaku pure (33.0% otaku corrupt).
    Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 15%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

12. Ema-tan

Ema-tan Active Member

Actually, the word "Otaku" means also "house" or more exactly "honorable-house". (Meaning that it is not your own house, but someone else's)
    Someone explained to me once that the original otakus were people, who did nothing else than devote their time to anime and manga. They didn't go to work (or if they did, all the money was spent on anime/manga -merchandise and so on), didn't socialize. Basically put, they just stayed home. That's where the word "otaku" comes from.
    Nowadays people in Japan associate the word with people who are really into anime/manga. Almost all the Japanese people read manga. They've got manga for adults (not just that pervy stuff, min you), manga that teach languages, cooking, politics, sports, anything. It's the same what watching Disney films or reading comics like Asterix & Obelix or Mickey Mouse is to us westerns.

In 80's at least (and still with the older people) the word is not meant for praise or even for a description of that persons hobbies. The word actually carried an insult within. I think it could've been translated to something like "the person who spends all his/her time into something trivial and is not productive." The word was used to shun. However the word is viewed in more positive light nowadays.

When people in Finland say "he/she is an otaku", they mean that the person reads manga, watches anime, plays games and spends a lot of time in the internet. However, that is normal for most boys in Japan.

So, the true meaning of "Otaku" is distorted in West, but I guess that does no harm to anyone...

13. crazytuna

Aren't those called NEETs?

14. shade_18

shade_18 Member

You answered "yes" to 67 of 200 questions, making you 66.5% otaku pure (33.5% otaku corrupt).
    Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 16%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The first submission for this test was received August 5, 1998.

15. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

91.5% otaku pure (8.5% otaku corrupt).
    Weirdness Factor 12%,

I'm anti-otaku, I win

16. crazytuna

no you lose :p
    I wonder where's the guy who's going to get 100% corrupt in that test

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

not me :p

Your otaku Purity Test Results
    You answered "yes" to 8 of 200 questions, making you 96.0% otaku pure (4.0% otaku corrupt).
    Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 14%

bah, and i thought i was too corrupt :p

18. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

My results:
    Pure: %75.5
    Corrupt: %24.5
    Weird: %8

19. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

Your otaku Purity Test Results
    You answered "yes" to 23 of 200 questions, making you 88.5% otaku pure (11.5% otaku corrupt).
    Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 8%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The first submission for this test was received August 5, 1998. .............wow 23 only?

20. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

86.0% otaku pure (14.0% otaku corrupt).

It's sort of messed up though, I did start a flame war on an anime forum, but I was trolling at the time, so I don't think it should count.