1. This forum is in read-only mode.

are you in support for going green [environmental friendly and such and such]?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultra, Oct 5, 2007.

?

are you in support for going green [environmental friendly and such and such]?

1. 100 percent as long i don't pay the cost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. split half way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no way in hell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 100 percent as long i don't pay the cost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends on what isotopes they dumped and how long its been there.

What I am actually saying is that ground zero Chernobyl is a hell of a lot less dangerous that it used to be, and people are actually allowed near the reactor now (only for a certain length of time though) Give it another 60 years or so and it will indeed be safe to live there once again.

2. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

Re: are you in support for going green [environmental friendly and such and such

My opinion:

Nuclear is the way to go in my country at the moment. I live in Australia and the problem of nuclear waste generated can be solved by burying it deep in central Australia (some of the most geographically stable land on earth). It is true that geothermal is also viable here, however there is a big problem with transporting it from central Australia where the majority of geothermal would be produced. Tidal is a good idea, but both methods are damaging to ecosystems. Wind power is a somewhat reasonable idea, but finding the suitable area to do it is a problem. The best idea is nuclear fusion when we finally figure it out. Until then, photosynthesis was cracked earlier this year and it is believed that bio-solar cells will be able to be produced in the near future with much greater power efficiencies which would make solar a viable solution. As for cars - there are ups and downs to all fuels, but in my opinion I think that using solar to produce hydrogen and then using the hydrogen as fuel is the way to go.

Just my rant - I'm not overly educated on the matter but I have covered it in physics, chemistry and biology.

3. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

Re: are you in support for going green [environmental friendly and such and such

well ok
    i look at both of your posts and i still see this
    [​IMG]

well in Chernobyl dude, 60 years is still 60 years, and by then i hope "we" have our shit together

and well in the down under, there is lotts of room for big huge worms

what about terroist attacks? there are people that are willing to kill them selves to take a few lives. who is to say that power plants arent a target. if the nuclear power plants on the east coast (america) to blow like Chernobyl, that would be detremntal. it would be a chain reaction. ugh, i just get scared.

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ youve watched too much '24' lol.

5. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

nope, not a single one... if you played a WOD RPG you whould understand the clan malkavian... just call me a malk