1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are you affected by sins you have committed in games in real life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by markswan, Feb 1, 2010.

1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

here we go again ::) i thought this thread was supposed to die :p

2. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Well posting in it doesn't help.... Oh crap.

3. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

yeah... i guess ???

4. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

im 12 and ive played gta.

it doesnt get in my head and i couldnt even think of killing someone irl.

5. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

I am not indifferent due to the sins of shooting a guy in the face at point blank, I take that back, I'm kinda amused...

the virtual world is the virtual world, nothing else... the real world is the real world, a bit overrated, but its real. the virtual world is nothing but a playable dream, a fantasy. no matter what you do, the guy that you skewer in brave fencer musashi isn't going to die in real life.

the fact that people blame videogames for their problems is ridiculous, they have the power to stop, I don't grab the nearest gun and play "kill as many civilians until you get caught" even though I want to at some times . it just plain ridiculous that people say that videogames are bad, its like guns, guns don't kill people, people kill people... plain as that

videogames don't ruin lives... people ruin their own lives.

oh yeah, there's a line between real world and virtual world, period.

6. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Thank you hi116 and Gavitalious for getting the thread back on track.
    OK, let me refresh it a little...
    For example: would you feel bad if you used cheats in one of the Poke'mon games and then you played against/had a discussion with someone who had leveled their Poke'mon naturally; would you feel bad? would you feel less attached to the Poke'mon?
    Simillarly, if you increased your gamerscore through dishonest means would you feel bad about it; or would you just see these things as actions that save you time and allow you to enjoy games more?

7. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

depends for me....if i did something wrong and want to correct it but in order to do so I have to start ALL over i use guides and cheats but sometimes I feel a bit dishonest using cheats in GTA and NFS. I rather play the game normal but sometimes for the fun of it I use cheats...

8. nevershoutnever91

nevershoutnever91 New Member

I'm not evil I think o-o but yes, yes I do go out my way to do evil things that arent necessary o-e;;

9. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Hm? Homophobia, what? Not to be a Loki, but it looks like I've missed out on all the fun... So much for posting links to videos of interspecies gay dolphin sex orgies! At least dolphins don't cause wars or genocidal massacres, man. It's funny how simple sex can be taken as even more sinful than outright killing, and how such atrocities are easier for people to see and swallow that butt sex... Mah, whatever. I won't question you humans on your values. I've given up on that already, haven't I?

If I played against someone who played Pokemon without cheats, I would let them know I used cheats. And then we would do our best to have our little ball creatures kill each other, woo! And then afterward I would talk about how Pokemon is like fantasy cockfighting. And also cockfighting with roosters. Dur hurr hurr.

And increasing my gamer score through dishonest means? Gee, I'm not hurting anyone, am I? Unless... every time I raise my gamer score through dishonest means, God kills a kitten! Oh, God, why the kittens?! Why can't it be something else, like Glenn Beck, or baconnaise?!

10. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Isn't cheating at a game a real life sin?

11. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Isn't Barry White?

12. MessoMesso

Who would wanna go to Heaven, anyway? All they've got are those unfashionable, unsightly white robes that are so brilliantly white and pure, they blind you! And then there's no sex, so none of my pets would ever be there.

Though admittedly, some of the angels are pretty cute... Damn, God is one lucky guy! And the closest I can ever get to are Renaissance paintings...

As Will Smith once said, you have to be a sinner to look this good. -sizzle-

13. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Obviously a joke XD

15. MessoMesso

What? You've never heard of a guy getting his rocks off of Renaissance art? What a deprived soul you are!

Anyway, heaven pales in comparison to Mount Olympus. Haha, me and Apollo would be best buds! Singing 24/7 is good and all, but we gotta do more than just that, right? I've really been wanting to take up archery and gymnastics, and if I were under him, I'd learn all that in no time! And the best thing about being buds with him? We'd be able to run naked all over the place! Woo! Like we streak a deer and it just stares at us? Don't you know how much fun that would be?

16. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Everything Messo said is accurate

17. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

this is somewhat of a stupid thread...truly meaningless

18. MessoMesso

I don't see anything too bad about a guy with a strong sense of guilt wanting to know how other people feel about killing virtual bimbos. I used to feel the exact same way, too! Except it wasn't about video games, but about myself, and I didn't vent, I kept it bottled inside, and...

Masochism is part of the human condition, I suppose. And I'm free from it, ahahahahaha!

19. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

i see...but he should know the difference between virtual and reality....do all the crap you want in games...it won't change NOTHING in reality...

20. MessoMesso

...You chose the blue pill, didn't you.