1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are you a Mac or PC?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by CloudBoy101, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually there's very little free video editing software for windows PC. virtualdub is about the only one of any note.

2. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

pc all the way. im a gamer so i must have games. also macs have little veriation and are too expensive. i also hate how the mac commercials make it sound like pc's cant do anything but run word. pcs can do every thing a mac can do(video, audio, graphics, ect) and more.

3. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

I prefer mac seeing as I don't play pc games. The only ones I've played and liked were world of goo and spore. I also got halo just cause it's halo.

4. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

I would like to be a Mac, PC's are way over priced when you look at it.
    its bout 80pounds to upgrade to Windows7, you need decent RAM, Video cards, you can't go out and just buy a PC game, you have to look at the system requirements, if you don't have that, you can't play that game blah blah blah.

Mac's are simple :) from what i've heard. I would be happy with a Mac and Sims3 and i'll be done, i wouldn't bother with any other games
    but i can't get rid of my PC :3 its my baby ;D

So i'm in the middle :p

5. Loonylion

macs cost more than PCs do...

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I AM NO COMPUTER

I AM A MAN.

7. starlight23

starlight23 Member

Yeah I used a mac last year for my program and the teachers said that is what they used in the professional fields. but yes they are extremely expensive. thankfully I was renting my mac last year thanks to the college however I did look at the prices and man my wallet would grieve if I had to go out and buy one for this year.

8. LD64

LD64 Well-Known Member

PC!!!
    I hate Macs-they are only really for design etc. but not games

9. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

Why have a MAC, when a PC does virtually everything a mac does anyway? ...life without walls, Windows.

10. tevak

tevak Well-Known Member

MACS ARE SUM.......... no, i think i'll be civilized today. the mack cold sucks. thats all i got to say about the matter, so IM A PC! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

I prefer PCs because almost all my softwares are for PC and I'm used to it...

12. Lone_Wanderer101

Lone_Wanderer101 Active Member

i prefer pc's macs are terrible not to mention that macs have those retarded commercials... where the hell does someone buy a BRAND NEW PC and it comes with THOUSANDS OF VIRUS'. if anybody has seen this commercial and know what im talkin about u would agree too. mac likes to prey on less knowledgeable people when it comes to selling home desktops or laptops they throw around the words virus and spyware etc.

think about it if your computer has even 1 virus it is CRIPPLED... please 1000 virus' straight out of the factory? yeah... dont think so

PC all the way

13. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I'm migrating towards Mac.
    I love Windows PC's but there's just too many problems
    (I get about 3 bluescreens a day)
    I don't have the patience for Linux, plus Photoshop is essential for my job(No, GIMP won't suffice)

So a Mac is the ideal solution, no?
    And Final Cut Express is awesome ;D

14. Lone_Wanderer101

Lone_Wanderer101 Active Member

ive had 3 different pc's over the years (technological upgrades + the times) and i have never received a blue screen or a black screen or anything of that sort ive never even seen any of these problems of a pc unless uve downloaded something ur not supposed to from a shady website of questionable content

15. Loonylion

you dont need viruses to cause blue screens.

16. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I have PC-Windows XP Service Pack 3, never even tried MAC :p

17. gplex

gplex Member

am with pc all the way but mac is cool they have better art program i think

18. O Ryans

O Ryans Member

Really now windows on PC can do pretty much every thing mac can do anyway
    So im for the pcs
    No im for windows morelike(but im not a computer im a person)

19. i have both computers. MACs are better for design IMO but PCs are better for everything else XP

20. KiraSTRiKE

KiraSTRiKE Well-Known Member

I've grown up with PCs but Macs are fine,
    Its just more convenient for me to use PCs because i know more about them.

And i believe its cheaper*