1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are there any good and free MMORPGs for Mac?

Discussion in 'PC' started by dark.faerie, Oct 11, 2008.

1. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

exactly what the subject heading says, with emphasis on FREE, GOOD and for MAC
    got it?

and please, no flaming.

I've seen people on other forums get into debates over whether Mac or PC is better when the bloody question was WHAT IS A GOOD FREE MMOG FOR MAC - does that seem relevent to you? so please if you are to post in this thread, answer the question only.

For the record, I have used both PCs and Macs all my life and there are advantages and disadvantages for both, none are worse/better than the other overall - however, one may be better for certain functions while the other may be better for different functions.

ANYWAY:
    My boyfriend gave me his old iBook G4, and i've had a sudden urge to start playing MMORPGs.
    unfortunately, the ones I've wanted to play either cost, or are for PC only.

Can anyone recommend something that they think i would like to play and is Mac OS X compatible ... and doesn't need money? (sorry for repeating the question like three times - but some people truly are thick.)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Games tend to be aimed at PC users rather than mac users, so your luck may be out on this one.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Never heard of any Mac based MMORPGs, sorry.

4. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

Actually, it seems i may be answering my own question here...
    i just found one that fits all the criteria, it's called Oberin.

I will provide a link (if there are any Mac users interested):
    http://www.oberin.com/index.php

Has anyone else heard of any others? (since I've started the topic, might as well keep it going for anyone else who's interested...)