1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone of the female sex?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newstar, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sorry to be a buzz killer chocoholic, but may I remind you that SMS speak like "r" & "gud" is against the [rules].

And yes Girls can be awesome with videogames too :)

2. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Of all the girls in RomU Mishy is the first one I saw. And LOL gamesradar has a document about girls getting raped at games. LOL. But I'm not saying that girls are noobs, they're nice, cute, and pretty good at games. Though no girl has beaten me at any game. Girls should play games as boys played. One time I played a game about the game saying that all men are Freeloader bastard rapers and you have to snipe them at diffirent parts of the head. The boys being a rapist story was such an outrage, Almost all of the guys at the website protested about it. Including me.

3. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Girls are severely outnumbered in gaming communities.. :s I wouldn't doubt to say that the male to female ratio is 10:1 (though I'm not saying it is ;p). But really, gender specifics aren't all that important in the gaming community--whether you're a guy or a girl, you're an able opponent in Soul Calibur. >: D Or maybe some other game. ;3

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

BLASPHEMY!

5. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

I remembered I was pwn by a dude and I still kept playing and I lost over a hundred credits -_-

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well speaking like that makes you seem worse on computers than the average boy on here, talking properly and being quite well informed showing I am reasonably good on a computer I can say that girls can be as good as boys, basically it all goes down to generalisation

7. faune

faune Well-Known Member

xD To be honest--seeing as how I don't own a 360.. but when I play SC4 at my boyfriend's, I won't play online. I can't stand the button lag since I use characters that sacrifice strength for speed (like Talim, Taki, etc.).

I'm a girl and I type fairly well.. I think. 8D I don't spell too good though. xD

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Male to Female Ratio: 4.8:1

That's pretty good.

Being good on computers isn't directly related to your skill at talking online. Computer literacy =/= grammar/spelling/sentence whatever.

Girls can do anything boys can do and girls can do BETTER.

I also frequently win a lot in Rock Band (all instruments expert, YAY I HAVE NO LIFE), along with TF2 and a few other games. :>

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

ha! but can you sing?

It's true that girls can be way better than guys on stuff like gaming, but it depends on the person and the game (I was never good at Cooking Mama, always get owned by my cousin T_T )

10. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

lol ;D

isn't that an insult to girls?

11. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

hmmm if you look at your point of view it might...
    but the point is girls are equal to boys now, I dont get it when people think about games they must associate it to boys

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes I can. Singer + Guitar in an actual band at one point in high school. I still jam with my sister and whenever my old band mates come up. FUN.

*Woman + cooking joke*

Games has always been a guys thing until just recently.

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

oooooh, i just became a casual gamer. ???

on topic:

its weird, i dont seem to know any girls really into video games.

or do i need to get out more?

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's still kind of rare to find a girl that's into video games. I'm the only girl I know that plays games.

Get out more anyways.

15. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

LOL SC4, Law Boob Physics!!

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Hmm, this has started to become a serious discussion & I think that it's great that our fellow lady RomUlationites are taking their stand on this issue.

Because of this I think that it's best to move this discussion here, so no more off topic "Random" outbursts okay ;)

17. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel better ladies are a rarity on romulation, therefore you are a special and valued member of it.

18. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

And how on earth did I miss this post. :eek:

I have finally arrived to say that I am a 24 year old female, mother to one child. I'm a gamer and I don't feel like I have to stop playing just because I've had a child. I feel that people whether female or male need outlets some kind of way. Mine just so happens to be video games. I do a bit of computer fixing and stuff on the side but nothing special. Hahaha, my boyfriend of what will 5 years this friday, (*hint, hint*) is so happy I reserved him Street Fighter 4 and Halo Wars. The guy at Gamestop says to me, "I wish I had a girlfriend do that for me!"

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I aimed this at an individual not all women, one woman. The same happens with noob males. It's noobs in general.
    There, if you was affended by this post and the previous one, I am sorry. I was making a point to one member as she contradicted herself.

I still stand by my belief that gender does not affect skill. Interest is usually a main factor and more boys currently are interested in games.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's basically due to the game's content as well, which are often targetted more towards men. But even if these games have you gunning down or hacking people to death, it is remmarkable that these themes appeal to women as well. Thankfully game developers these days are broadening their products' audience perspectives so they can pull in more women into the playing field.