1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone here does Gundam scale modelling?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by marzz92, Aug 22, 2009.

1. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I recently completed my Master Grade Black Tri Star Zaku II.
    I'm thinking of getting a Rick Dom next :p

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Ah yes, a fine craft it is, collecting & building Gundam Scale models :)

I know someone who has his entire room filled with many Gundam Figures. He started out collecting the high end kind, the ones with good quality plastic, then for a short time he opted to collecting those with transparent parts due to financial limitations at one point in his life. Nowadays he goes out buying & building those master grade models, those kinds with many more parts. I'm amazed at how patient he is with his passion like that.

3. flhardromer09

flhardromer09 Member

I could never spend money on figures and building parts, but some people can just tolerate it, I guess...

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Does he paint them...?
    That's the more tough part...
    And I'm getting a Master Grade Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth tomorrow ;D

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

last time i check, my friend just started practising on cheap pirated model. i never did gundam.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

With the Master Grade ones yes, with the others no, he just applies the stickers that came with the box.

Incidentally, I at one point got interested in building Megaman model kits but stopped after I realized the plastic used to connect certain bits, specifically the forearms to the elbow were made of so cheap rubbery plastic that cracks with friction :( Also that same plastic for some odd reason disintegrates into powdery white dust after a while :(

I wasted good money on those cheap pieces of crap! :'(

7. richard888

richard888 New Member

I used to do this,but can't afford them anymore. I have about 15-20 right now, all HG model. The first one I made was God Gundam. My fav is Gundam HeavyArms from Gundam Wing series (spend 10 hours making it)