1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any wrestling fans here?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by atmizi69, Mar 15, 2009.

1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Just so you all know, I still hate John Cena.

2. rave_evar

rave_evar New Member

..fatal4way's gonna be awesome!!hope cm_punk and sheamus win =D

3. supertanno

supertanno Well-Known Member

I only watch Smackdown!, RAW and NXT don't really appeal to me. I like to watch their PPV's though.

4. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

at least it's real... I mean, how can you get excited over something you KNOW is fake?

5. ultra

ultra Guest

i can't stand watching wrestling. it's a very big joke because it's all acted. it boggles my mind that there are people who actually pay money to watch this thing.

watching real sports is better. there are no gimmicks in real sports.

mma?! you're better of with boxing as there's no fetal position!

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It's the same as getting excited over a movie or a tv show, those are acted but people still enjoy them.

7. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Wresting is not fake, People r fake ~ Mr. Anderson

8. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

Fake != Scripted, you can't fake going through tables, taking sick bumps (see Mick Foley) or falling off of places. While wrestling might be predetermined and such, you can't say "Oh, that guy going back first into thumbtacks is not real". So people who are hating Pro Wrestling, kindly get out, since you don't belong here. Go back to your NASCAR or MMA, where people go and do sweaty dick punching for hours.

On other news, Daniel Bryan Danielson, master of trolling.

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Take a bump on a crash mat. Then bump on the gym floor.
    It is scripted, and the matches are called in spots. But the pain and injuries are real.
    I've been tuning in since February of 1982. Back when beta-max was the only way to see territories that you couldn't get in your area. I was in the mid-Atlantic, so I got some UWF, Bill Watts Mid Atlantic, and the NWA. WWF didn't come along till almost 1987.
    I was just 2 and a half when I started watching, hell I was watching the NFL from three months.
    Wresting was a story, told week in and week out, not by words, but by action.
    The story lines now would be laughed at, and Cena wouldn't be unstoppable, he'd be a jobber at best.

10. version3

I doubt the story lines of today would be laughed at, since the golden era of wrestling had the same cartoony story lines and characters. And Cena could be a jobber, or he could be a star, since you'll never know what might happen. Cena is oozing with charisma and you can't deny that, hell, even his cheesy-ass promos had some pops here and there. I just think Cena is this era's Hogan, minus the worldwide acclaim that the Hulkster had, but he'll probably get there eventually.

11. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I don't deny that he is the Hulk Hogan of today. Hell that IS his gimmick. The same as the Hulkster. But I marked out hard when Warrior beat Hogan at WMVI. I mean that was epic, even if Warrior was worse in ring than Hogan. He really was.
    Let's say this. Hogan was a draw in NJPW, as well as even German wrestling territories. Like you said he could go worldwide, but does that mean he's a better athletic than the others? No, it means he got handed the golden spoon, was smart enough to run with it, and hasn't been caught doing anything to get him in the doghouse. Yet. You were born in 89, around the time the NWA became WCW.
    Those were good times, but you could tell it didn't have the luster than the Mid-South days had.
    Let me ask you, Version3, who was your favorite tag team and solo star as you watched it in your younger days?

12. ultra

ultra Guest

is isn't rather you get hit by a chair or plastered with nails and tacks. when we look at wrestling, it is one category and one category only. the category that wrestling underlies is the reason why it is something people laugh at. the category that wrestling lies on is sports.

in the world of sports, it's real. there is no story, no background setting, etc..... it is just two player or two teams in an arena trying to win. what determines victory is their performance in the game. victory isn't predetermined like that in wrestling, which is why wrestling is a joke. you watch a real sports game like football, you don't really know who'll win because the teams are playing their best. in wrestling, you know everything is already predetermined, even the stunts are already predetermined. no body wants a predetermined game.

sure in wrestling you get hit by a chair and tacked with nails but you also get hurt in real sports like that of hockey, rugby and football. not only is rugby real, where people get hurt, but it is unscripted [not determined]. look at the giants two-three years ago, where they were the underdogs and managed to win the super bowl. none of that was scripted and to have watched, and live that was awesome. something you don't get when watching wrestling.

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ultra post, move along

14. version3

My solo star was no doubt Razor Ramon, chico (I still do the surf walk from time to time, it was awesome). And the tag teams of yesteryear were a bit iffy, but I loved the Road Warriors, but I prefered Hawk more than Animal, idk why.

@ultra
    I'm too lazy to quote your stuff, but sure, real sports manage to draw emotion from the teams and the people around them, it happens. But wrestling is NOT a real sport, hence the term Sports Entertainment (coined by Vince, of course), but the emotions that can be drawn by the people in the ring from the fans are real, I'm not saying that pro wrestling is a lot more emotional, since movies and tv shows can also draw out emotions from their viewers. Also, you do realize that most of the fans (that are older than 14) that watch it are aware that pro wrestling is "fake", but we watch them nonetheless.

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Hawk was more down to earth in reality, he's the type of dude that really did hang out in bars and gyms in reality. And Razor, one of the best IC champs ever. Don't know why he never got a WWF Title run man, him and HBK put on some bad ass matches.

16. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Greatest wrestler of this generation
    The Phenominal AJ Styles

[​IMG]

17. version3

Not really, I'd give that kudos to Angle, I mean, the guy's 40 years old, had a broken frikken neck, but he still pops out awesome moonsaults and overall epic matches. But AJ is still one of my tops.

18. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Hmm ok i can see why u would say kurt angle and i will not argue with u but PWI magazine did rank AJ Styles the #1 wrestler in the world for this year and he is in my opinion the best in the world (next to KENTA)

19. dedboy

dedboy Guest

AJ is no doubt at the top of his game.

But Angle can still go man.

I know you saw his match with Hardy at the last TNA PPV.

Shit was nice.
    Remember AJ and Angle had classic matches between each other.
    They are BOTH beasts. Light years above, just about everyone else.

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Wow can't believe all the people hating MMA.
    Better off with boxing? We DO boxing.
    90% of the match is just them on the floor cowering and covering their faces? Have you seen my nose in the photo thread? You would defend yourself too in that position. The hard part is to not get in that position.
    Anyone that talks like that isn't a fighter and doesn't know about it.

I do like wrestling, you can't deny its entertainment. Anyone that backflips off the top rope and lands chest down is awesome, a much better athlete than me.
    We do some wrestling too in MMA but its of limited use when real punches are been thrown and moves need finishing asap or you get a full smack to the chin.