1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any wrestling fans here?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by atmizi69, Mar 15, 2009.

1. dalenichol

dalenichol Member

if jeff hardy never comes back it'll still be too soon

im still big into my wrestling, pretty much watch all WWE shows and as many NOAH and AJPW shows as possible, try to avoid TNA though, its just going to go the same way as WCW now that vince russo has so much control. I dont really see any company every coming to compete with the WWE any time in the near future, although id love to see ROH give it a try

2. SWIFT84

SWIFT84 Member

You, my friend, are speaking my language. I'm a huge fan of Japanese pro wrestling. There's more of an emphasis on athleticism and action than with mainstream American wrestling (meaning WWE and TNA which focus more on storylines, angles, etc. which really bring out the worked nature of wrestling).

My favorite promotions are Big Japan Pro-Wrestling and New Japan Pro-Wrestling. I used to be a huge Toryumon fan in the earlier 2000s until it changed over to Dragon Gate, hooked up ROH and became to American indyfied for a period. Still, for great in-ring action the Japanese stuff blows the American product away regularly. Not to say WWE and TNA doesn't have great matches, it just that sitting through 15-20 minute opener and all the overdrama takes away from it.

3. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

Hey i saw Japanese pro wrestling when they are on tour in my country ... kinda cool ... but to noisy ... especially the woman shout ... haaaaa....

4. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

i just like the piranha-matches of them ;D

found another great site for wrestling-media: www.theuvzone.tk

5. amuletneko

amuletneko Well-Known Member

i used to...
    until I found out that it was fake :p

i sometimes watch tapout though

6. target45

target45 Member

I used to watch a lot of WWF as a kid back in the 80's, I loved stuff like when the Million Dollar Man would throw money on the wrestlers he beat, or the Ultimate Warrior's completely insane rantings. Macho Man Randy Savage with the flying elbow. Andre the Giant.
    I kind of lost interest sometime in the early nineties, around the time it started getting really over the top and "edgy". I'm not sure if it was really getting a lot worse, or I was just outgrowing it, but as goofy and cartoonish as the wrestling I grew up with was it was a lot easier to swallow than the crass angsty parody pro wrestling was becoming. Really the only thing worth watching from those last days of wrestling was all the hot chicks they brought in to try and boost ratings in the monday night timeslot. Eventually I forgot about wrestling and stopped watching it. Sometime last year I happened to stop on a WWF show flipping through the channels, I had heard they changed it to WWE but it was kind of weird to see it. Otherwise it seems pretty much the same, although they don't seem to be doing much with hot chicks anymore. I doubt I'll watch it again, but to each his own.

edit: we pretty much knew it was fake as little kids, in first grade you'd have arguments at recess about whether wrestling was fake or real; by second grade we all knew or at least were halfway convinced it was fake, but we still watched it. We knew the Thundercats were fake, but we watched them too. I would seriously worry about the mental state and intellect of a kid who truly still believed WWF was real by the time they were nine or ten.

7. CervantesHun

CervantesHun Member

Well, I know it's only a show, a fake fight, but I like it! My favorite fighter the Undertaker! And of corrse i like Hulk Hogan.

8. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

Undertaker and rey mysterio..was my favorite!...they rules!!

9. Tian Maut

Tian Maut Well-Known Member

I like Undertaker too, plus Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Booker T.

10. CervantesHun

CervantesHun Member

And you like Triple H , CM Punck or Hurrican?

11. Tian Maut

Tian Maut Well-Known Member

Triple H, cause he is so cool. But Wrestling is banned in my country so It is a long time since the last time I watch wrestling show.

12. silverkitty2012

silverkitty2012 Well-Known Member

i liked umaga so much. he died for real though ON December 4, 2009 (aged 36)
    R.I.P. Umaga
    [​IMG]
    (Not too many samoans left in wrestling)

13. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

I used to watch wrestling when I was a kid, until I found out it was fake... then I never really watched fighting (apart from some boxing) until I discovered MMA, a real man's sport!

14. bbudie

bbudie New Member

K1 is the best style eva! I'm addicted to Kyokushin Karate moreso but I can't get over those Muay Thai punching techniques. Unfortunately, it's expensive to train in both Kyokushin and Muay Thai at the same time but it sure beats being a puff!
    Post Merge: [time]1262217691[/time]
    EA Sports are soon to be releasing an MMA game and TNA Impact is coming out on DS and PSP.

15. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage Well-Known Member

My little brother likes to watch all WWE wrestling shows, personally for me it's WWE Raw... I've been watching it since I was really small and they have the best superstars there... well, I think so... SmackDown seems to be taking all the spotlight though.

16. 465740

465740 Well-Known Member

i watch wwe

17. imjerel

imjerel New Member

im a wwe fan true and true, but sad though how now they are no longer pg rated, its all abt the kidz, ugh!

TNA is really starting to come up too, but a sad thing that they changed back to four sided ring, six sides was way better

18. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

i used to be a huge wrestling fan but right now it sucking big time, TNA OR WWE they both sucks at storylines they are so fakes. at least some TNA matches are decent though...

19. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

I used to be so much into wrestling. Around 2004 to 2006. But around after that time, when Cena started owning everyone, I quit. He was just so damn one sided. Up until now he's the baby face everyone loves. I quit wrestling coz of that bastard.

Oh shame.

20. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage Well-Known Member

Cena's not bad! He's just good...! Well, that's how it goes... besides, you ever hear of Smackdown! ? There isn't a Cena there... pfft...