1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any Wii Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by KSbored, Dec 28, 2009.

1. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

I would like to politely ask you to get off my internets. Mega Man 9 is a ****ing gem of a game. Some of the best Mega Man gameplay since the Zero series. MM10 is right around the corner, too.

2. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

I love my wii but alas he's so old he can barely read any of the games that I have anymore. So my dad spends the rest of the days playing Dr. Mario and Tetris on it. With the occasional Beatles RB when I get to it.

3. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Did I say it was bad? no! hahaha a matter a fact I loved megaman games! especially the X series and megaman 2 and 9 are awesome and can't wait for mm10, but read what I said again, and you can see I didn't say anything about mm being crap, but the prices are down right stupid! Just compare the price of mm5 to mm9.. now compare that to the legend of zelda ocarina of time.. now take that! and compare it to pokemon ranch's price... see what I mean? it's stupid how they price things. Again I say nintendo as a whole... blows.

Another game people should check out is bully on the wii if you never played it on ps2

4. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

Megaman 9 is a brand new game, made just last year. Ocarina of time is a re-released N64 game that came out more than 10 years ago. That's the only reason they're the same price.

5. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Too bad there's no GTA on the Wii, or else... It wold be sweet with the controls on the Wii...

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The best thing we have to GTA is Bully, which is a port of the PS2 version. I swear, we either get Nintendo exclusivity (which, isn't that great by the way...), or ports of past games, or the equally bad, lesser, watered down versions of their higher end counterparts. I saw that they have a COD Modern Warfare Redux or something like that for the Wii. In fact, it deserved a brand new title and $10 says it's nothing like COD MW2 or even COD4 for that matter.

Although I have close to 3 full cases of burned DVDs of Wii games, there are really only a few that I play.
    Twilight Princess
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Tales of Symphonia: Forgot the rest... (if I'm so bored that I can play past the first 10 minutes...)
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl (even with the subspace emissary ripped out of my game)
    Mariokart Wii
    Mario Party 7 (yes, I said 7, not 8. 8 pisses me off...no, the shoddy controls from the Wii pisses me off)

My advice is stick with Nintendo (mostly Mario) products because the ports/remakes/lesser versions of the same game on another system are obviously better on one of the other systems. For the people that think Resident Evil 4 Wii is the best, I have to disagree to that. The Wii just destroys the game on shoddy controls.

I'll stick to my COD4 on the PS3 because well, if you couldn't tell at all, I'm cheap.
    I'll stick to my racing games on a system that can actually implement a manual transmission...
    And hopefully FFXIII will be the saving grace for the lack of great RPGs on every console...

And for anyone who HASN'T hacked their Wii, you might as well compare it to being in a straitjacket. The Wii is just SO MUCH better when it is hacked. I've opened up to almost any Wii game, as well as a huge list of fully working Gamecube games as well, most of which, I missed out on because the Gamecube truly failed during its time. But if you wipe away the bloody mess, there are some good gems that you will never get to play because you'll never be able to find a copy for less than $50 on ebay.

7. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

well.... You sure are a hardcore gamer....

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Exactly! There is nothing better than having your entire library of Wii games right there at a click of a button no digging out discs and having the kids destroy/abuse them. Plus finally getting to try out the Wiiware games, seeing as they don't offer demos like PSN is an added bonus.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Point Proven!!

i like the ability of the motion controls of the wii, especially in first person shooters like in The Conduit and Dead Space Extraction (some of the best FPS' on the wii)

and to play with 4 or more styles of controllers on some games is something that i really like and appreciate as well!

10. dragneon007

the conduit controls are tight, but the game feels old... and as much as I love the rail shooters... I don't really want more of them.. I mean there not fps's, but atleast Redsteel 2 might be something decent.

btw nintendo i'm still waiting on my F-zero WX gawd damn..

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i can't wait for redsteel 2!....i'm going to have to buy the wii motion plus, but it'll be worth it!

hope the game isn't dual layer....

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I'm digging my new Wii, which is working like a dream. Got the Homebrew Channel, a working USB loader which I've ripped Brawl onto, NeoGamma R7, and various other odds and ends.

@dragneon: First of all, screw you and get back to Halo. Shooting games are not the only games that exist. I'm liking Metroid Prime 3 a lot though (apart from the sometimes sluggish controls). New Super Mario Bros, No More Heroes and even the Wii Sports series are actually holding my attention rather well. Wiiware and Virtual Console can be circumvented by simply downloading the stuff and loading through the WAD Manager. I don't care if you think you're a "hardcore gamer" or not who prefers the 360, what annoys me is when people obviously have a bias towards a specific console due to a certain title or genre. Where are my platformers or puzzle games on the 360? Why is there nothing as good as Pokemon on there?

tl;dr Don't recommend a different console simply because it doesn't perform a certain overused genre as well as another console.

13. dragneon007

if you read what I said before getting mad lol you would have known... I said No more heroes and other titles that are not FPS related such as, madworld, tales of symphonia, silent hill shattered memories and even metroid prime 3, which is a year old title.
    Also, I was telling the poster about the FPS games on wii, and as for wiishop, thats exactly why I got homebrew on mine, because nintendo's online store sucks, demos on selected games, prices that don't make sense on some titles, and Virtual Console adds like two classic games on there list, which is mostly crap that gets added every week *cough*SF1*cough*.

As for other consoles, there better then nintendo, but I hate to admit that, but it's true, and my only reason why I love nintendo is for there nintendo only games, but sadly I been buying more third party stuff because nintendo has kept making crap like wii-fit and wii-fit plus, but what was there last good huge title? MP3 and mario galaxy? and they only recently added nsmbw.

by the way all the games you said that are holding your interest are old
    Metroid prime 3 August 27, 2007
    No more heroes US: January 22, 2008
    Wii sports resort is more of a demo
    and the only new one on that list that I could agree with you is, new super mario bros wii.
    Also, like said wheres my real games nintendo? not demo's or games like wiiware.

Trust me dude I love nintendo, but IMO they really do suck.

14. insanecrazy07

All of my favorite games are OLD, with the exception of New Super Mario Bros.

15. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Theres NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII!!!
    THough i like Super Mario Galaxy...

16. insanecrazy07

17. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................
    sorry....
    MW2 rules... TOO BAD THEY DIDNT MAKE IT FOR WII!!!
    IT WOULDVE BEEN AWESOME!!!

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

they do have call of duty modern warfare reflex edition. Not sure about how it is. My friend downloaded it the night i soft-modded his wii and said that it was pretty good.

19. insanecrazy07

See, what bugs the shit out of me is that they decided to give it a different name, which tells me that it isn't an exact port of either MW2 or COD4. They could have changed basically anything, from story, to weapons, to gameplay. If they called it COD4 Wii or MW2 Wii, then we would expect it to be a port or as close to the original as possible. But the name change implies that they made a lesser, watered-down version of an epic game.

20. Strife89

Strife89 Member

I partially softmodded my Wii the day I got it (Dec. 25), but I was too timid to go further than standard homebrew. Yesterday (12/29) I finally worked up the nerve to prepare my Wii for burned games with the aid of a guide. I managed to obtain New Super Mario Bros. Wii and burn it for NeoGamma (r8 beta) and so far I'm liking it. Old school meets new school once again, more or less. This is a 4.2 Wii, mind. :p

Playing emulators with the Wiimote (and the Nunchuck on Wii64) as the controller ain't half bad either. :) It's nice to see old SNES and Genesis games on my TV again, without paying for Virtual Console titles. Plus, I finally get to experience Mario Kart 64 and the original Super Mario 64, as I never had an N64 and never had hardware that a PC-based 64 emulator liked. (I DID get to play Zelda: OoT on a friend's 64 several years ago, so for that game it IS memory lane for me, on Wii64).

I still fire up my real Wii Sports disc, as it's the only game I have on me that really USES the Wiimote (although I find that my reflexes are better trained for my fingers than my entire hands and arms ^^;).

I'm trying to get a Mario Kart Wii ISO, but there are a ton of torrents to pick from and very few are active. Indeed, the one that appears to be best overall tops out at 132 KB per second - making the image an almost 20 hour download, during which time the rest of my Internet connection with more or less be useless (IRC keeps disconnecting, pages keep aborting mid-load, and general slowness for even simple pages. Then again, I AM on DSL. :/).

I haven't softmodded for WiiWare WADs yet, but I hope to work up the nerve to do so soon.