1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any musicians here? (music lovers are welcome too)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buuured, May 26, 2009.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i used to play guitar and bass and was a bassist in a band for a few years when i was like 15 although i wrote all the lyrics and half the guitar riffs, we did quite well and played some pretty big local gigs but i haven't really picked anything up since my son was born and have lost most if not all talent i had
    i also used to play my own songs at open mic nights when i would play guitar and sing.

i also used to mess about with music programs, make dance tracks and mix songs together (most of the time funny ones) like god gave rock and roll to Timmy (a mix of kiss's god gave rock and roll and some southpark samples) but again not something i have done in about 4 years

2. pat raimondo

pat raimondo Member

ROCK-HIPHOP-BLUES-ACOUSTIC

www.myspace.com/p8etunes
    www.myspace.com/p8ebeats
    www.myspace.com/slinkityslinkrecords

905hh compilation/mixtape june11
    scene music festival 09 june 28 with eclipse7777
    Post Merge: [time]1244070723[/time]
    Also if anyone on here has recording gear, and wants to do a collab, any style or genre,
    feel free to drop me a msg, even if you wanna do sumthin fun, like a loose jam, or a legend of zelda song!!

3. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

Well my internet supplier was being a huges steaming wank stain but it that time my friends started teaching me ass because the want me in their band and tbh im learning quick even though ive only had like onand a halve lessions and my mate taught me the basics of "under the rotting pizza" (ff7 sector 6 and other slums)

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

go to ultimate-guitar.com
    that's where I learned to play a lot of what I know

5. cornervizion

cornervizion New Member

I'm not a musician per se (Not in the instrumental sense anyway) But lately I've been working on some chiptunes using Musagi, And It's a very good music editor which uses C64/NES Style sounds with the option of using samples. It's Very easy to use and also a lot of fun. The great thing about it, that you can record your music as a WAV and use an MP3 converter to upload or play on your Ipod/PSP etc. If anyone is interested in downloading or finding out more here's the link.

http://www.cyd.liu.se/~tompe573/hp

In the meantime I've done a Maniacs Of Noise tune "Noisy Pillars" And for an early attempt it's not too bad.

6. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

yeah ciptunes are cool but if your going to chip on a pc ou might want to look into other more poffessional programs like fl studio or reason and reasearch into vt(i)'s ymck have some cool ones

7. thejoja

thejoja Member

I make music with a keyboard, and cubasestudio 4. I also remix theme's. Lately I've been working at runescape (I know, i hate the game too) remixes for my little bro.
    I'll post a link to one or two:
    http://sites.google.com/site/thejoja/Home/muziek---film/RunescapeTheSlayerTranceTechno.mp3?attredirects=0
    http://sites.google.com/site/thejoja/Home/muziek---film/Indianpowertrip.mp3?attredirects=0
    http://sites.google.com/site/thejoja/Home/muziek---film/RunescapeWildernessTranceTechno.mp3?attredirects=0

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Absolutely not; I fucking hate music.

Also, Tweakbench makes some fantastic VSTs, including "Triforce", a pretty nifty chip plug. Check it if ya haven't.

Edit: Also, Ableton Live as a DAW, anyone? Falling in love.

9. emmkayye

emmkayye Well-Known Member

i play piano/keyboard (self/friend taught), violin, clarinet, recorder.

I own a keyboard and soon a piano (which i can't wait), and a harmonica (which i don't know how to play)

10. zdog311

zdog311 Member

Hey, I play Alto/Bari saxophone!!! ;D

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i've started playing in a band again (bass as before)

god my fingers are saw with massive blisters on them