1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any musicians here? (music lovers are welcome too)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buuured, May 26, 2009.

1. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i play guitar and... i suck at it

2. Malakai

Malakai Member

I play guitar and sing (kinda). For fun, I write acoustic or electric guitar songs that are sometimes mixed with drum loops.

If you're looking for a place to post music, Virb.com isn't bad. The internal community is kind of dead, but at least you can let the public listen to your stuff. I just post my music there and link to it from other places. :)

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

nex26: acoustic or electric? If acoustic, you should be able to pick up a very cheap second hand one if you know where to find a local dealer.

4. metaco

metaco Member

does Fl studio composer + rapping on a mic count in as a musician?

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'm good at playing guitar,especially the instrumental one..now,i'm learning how to play Piano and also good at playing drums...hehe..

6. thi

thi Active Member

well ... i play a little bit of guitar but it's really hard to find free
    music sheets on the net which is a bit of a shame
    but i've gotta say that i'm fairly good or at
    guitar hero (DS) which was my inspiration
    to start learning guitar < interesting way
    of starting guitar isn't it =]

7. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I was looking at accoustic, but the problem is that theres no dealers music shops -- dealers are everywhere though -- where I live.

8. Malakai

Malakai Member

@nex26: My best advice to you is to try out some guitars before you buy one. Go see what they have at the shops and don't be afraid to mess with the guitars. It really should sound and feel right to you.

As far as feel goes, if you're a beginner, a guitar with low action (strings not too high off the fretboard, less pressure required to press down strings properly) may be best. Go with slightly higher action and you will build good muscles in that fretboard hand, but it's more effort. It's up to you.

For that price, I'd say try to find a second-hand dealer somewhere. Any guitar dealer is likely to have gear that was sold to them, or may be able to point you in the right direction. Just ask around.

I was lucky since my first guitar (acoustic) was handed down to me from someone. I then eventually got an electric (Squire Strat) for around $110 with a cheap practice amp. It's okay, but I'm trying to save up for a nice Gretsch. My current acoustic is a Yamaha FG-403S - solid spruce top, pretty decent, good sound, action's a little high. Got it for around $200 I think.

9. anandjones

A electric guitar would be easier to learn on though, the strings don't need as much pressure.

10. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

im learning how to play the piano via a keyboard

11. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

oh who has korg ds-10 thats great for music reminds me alot of fl studio tbh.

12. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/acoustic/946-vintage_v300_acoustic_guitar

Yes or No?

13. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

try the baby pink one ;D

14. Qizm

Qizm Active Member

well, I play piano, and I fiddle around with Reason... 3, I think it is, a lot.

But I'm really more of a listener :p

15. anandjones

Looks good nex.

16. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of an oddity I guess. I play:
    mandolin
    tin whistle
    tenor banjo,
    and I can just get by on:
    bass guitar
    harmonica
    keyboard/piano
    I play mostly british folky stuff, but a few game tunes too (the Wind Waker title music is one of my favorites).

17. DSaddictforever

DSaddictforever Well-Known Member

I play the piano :p But i think it's a reaaaaally common instrument :p

I wanna learn how to play the violin though... :p

18. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I used to play the guitar but recently I haven't even handled one since the day I moved due to school.

What I want to learn is playing the piano...

19. br3aker

br3aker Member

KORG-DS10 is good man... I'm doing justice - phantom and it's sound great man.

20. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Learning the piano is easy at the beginning, but I gets harder and harder...

We learn piano at our school, I was the best when we started, but now I'm one of the most sucking ones.