1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any good psx games?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by athemoe, Mar 9, 2011.

1. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

lol no shit sherlock?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Dang bro umad, i think FF13 is good, DEALWITHIT.GIF

3. RandomRedMage

:D gud for yuu bro. I respect your bad taste in games. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

4. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

First, tried to find Chrono Cross, but I didn't see it here. soniamdisappoint.jpg

And yeah, try not to derail the thread, brosephs.

As for me, these are the games I recommend:
    Trap Gunner
    Deception (I-III)
    Megaman 8, X4 and X5 (I won't really bother with X6)
    Final Fantasy: Tactics
    Valkyrie Profile
    Monster Rancher 2
    Digimon World 2 and 3 (The first game is good, but too many variables and whatnot)
    Tactics Ogre
    Chrono Cross

5. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I Basic, But fun, lacks of much of a story
    II Basic, Fun, and good story, but a bit confusing
    III yet to finish
    IV ... genius
    V all right, but too easy
    VI 3rd best story
    VII None can compare
    VIII yet to start
    IX yet to start
    X don't have
    XI don't have
    XII don't have
    XIII 2nd best in the franchise.. can't wait for other in this series
    XIV not at all interesting

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

FF XI and XIV don't count, they're MMOs not turn based rpg. The early ones were good, 7 was OK, 8 was better, 9 was good, 10 was good, 10-2 was poor, and 12 was meh as well. haven't played 13 yet.

7. RandomRedMage

By that resoning FFVII Crisis Core doesn't count since its not a turn based RPG? Bleh, bad logic, its Final Fantasy we are talking about not Turn Based RPGs. FFXI had a LOT of story, and it was pretty good. XIV doesnt have much story in it yet, and it may never have any if square enix doesn't get off its ass.

Sad story Square Soft = Win, Enix = Win, Square Enix = disappointing.

8. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

the ones i like the most are....

spryo 1 2 and 3
    crash 1 2 and 3
    crash team raceing
    final fantasy 8
    gex is all so fun
    megaman

9. Loonylion

I don't count crisis core anyway because its a spin-off not part of the main series.

10. RandomRedMage

Technically~ then again you can say that about X-2 as well. And the planned sequels to XIII, and Revenant Wings, since that was attached to the XII label.

I rather place them in brackets. Since no single numbered Final Fantasy game follows another. Crisis Core fits in with VII's story arc, along with Dirge, and Advent Children, and Last Order. [more so last order since the events there in happen.]

But again we were talking about Final Fantasy games, Not turn based RPG's so that doesn't really count. Also considering Final Fantasy is more a brand than a series I would say Crisis Core and the other 'spin-offs' count enough due to their connection with their individual 'series' of Final Fantasy.

11. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Crisis Core is THE CORE of FFVII, The best RPG in history. Without the game, we would not know the true start to the epic story, and Cloud's reason for fighting

12. Loonylion

X-2 is a sequel, crisis core is a spin off, along with dirge. I've never heard of last order. cloud's story is explained pretty well in the original game, they just decided to make a spin off focusing more on it, likewise, dirge is a spin off focusing on vincent. revenant wings is also a spin off, as far as I'm aware.

FFVII is not the best RPG in history by a long shot. It's good but there is better out there.

13. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Its a short anime that follows zack and cloud en route to midgar.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Crisis core is a prequel to FF7 isn't it, playing as zack leading up to what happens in 7, From what i played from Revenant Wings it seems like a sequel to 12, though i haven't actually played 12.

15. RandomRedMage

While I can not speak for Revenant wings, I can state, Crisis Core was a Prequal, not a spinoff, Advent children was a direct sequel to the game in movie form. Dirge was another sequel in the world of FF7.

So in cannon order of events. Crisis Core/Last Order - FF7 - Advent Children - Dirge of Cerebus.

A spinoff is more like... Daria... who originally was just a rarely seen character in Bevis an Butthead, or the Cleveland show.

16. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

What is Dirge about? Never really played it....

17. Loonylion

its about vincent valentine

18. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I know that part, but what is the plot to the story

19. RandomRedMage

Vincent Valentine's past, and his actions in the present. Hojo's actions to force Omega Weapon into activation.. blah blah blah, Vincent is the only one who can stop it due to his having the chaos gene inside him. Gives you more info about Lucretia. The girl he was in love with, who is also Sephiroth's mother.

20. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Threads of Fate is good. And Legends of Legaia. And Twisted Metal (All) and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne. To much "and"s.
    I feel like 7 again.