1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any basketballers?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 1Blacks1, Feb 14, 2008.

1. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

I play basketball in a club :
    Twice a week and you?

2. homers54

homers54 New Member

Q1 - LA Lakers.

Q2 - I don't really have a favourite player.

Q3 - I play competitively with friends on weekends.

Q4 - The NBA 2K series

3. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

Q1 - used to support the pistons but lost interest in them since AI came in. so nw im supporting nuggets ^^
    Q2 - say no more, dwyane wade is my man(if oni pat riley gt him a gud PG n a PF/C tat cn defend n score wif gud chemistry)
    Q3 - i wish i play competitions bt i don't coz there isnt much around here n my parents want me to focus on my studies. bt if i cn i try to play everyday. man i envy americans, they're born so atlethic. im 5"8 n i wish i can dunk
    Q4 - used to play live then it got crappy n found NBA 2k9, playing tat nw(on the PS2) waiting fr 2k10

4. zalranith

zalranith Member

1. LA Lakers
    2. Kobe Bryant, cause he just awesome.
    3. I play in competitive basketball, and this Saturday my team is playing in the Grand Final.
    4. I currently own NBA Live 07 for the 360

5. Jfury09

Jfury09 Member

I am a Fan of the L.A Lakers

Fav player has to be Jordan but Kobe is cuttin it close to me. Reason why is i only got to see 2 season of Jordan before he left for the second time. I have watched Kobe from the start but Jordan still gets tops cuz he made way for players like Kobe and Lebron.

I played in High School all the way up to my senior year and i play with whoever i can find at courts around my area.

I have only played the 2k series of games cuz to me they seem better than Live's. Tho i have heard this years NBA Live is suppose to be way better

6. MasterKupo

MasterKupo Well-Known Member

Q1. I support the Celtics

Q2. I like LeBron James because he's a well look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_LeBron_James
    (he has his own page dedicated to his awards, thats not why i like him, i like him because of his amazing talents)

Q3. I used to play club but then found the joys of a DS

Q4. I play NBA Street V3 for gamecube on my wii becaue i like playing as Luigi

7. karlsanada10

karlsanada10 Well-Known Member

Q1: I'm a big fan of Houston Rockets. Too bad, T-Mac is badly injured right now, I hope he gets well soon.

Q2: Tracy McGrady... One of the best player, better than Kobe when he was in Magic.

Q3: Yup, I'm the MVP last year, elementary sportsfest. I used to shoot beyond the arc because I'm good at it.

Q4: I'm playing NBA 2ksports for PS2, I don't have PS3 so i'm stucked at my PS2.

8. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

1.Miami Heats

2.The Shaq(Shaquille O Neal )

3.School

4.NBA street,NBA Live 2001,05,06

9. lilman

lilman Member

Q1. Los Angele's Lakers

Q2.Goooooooo Koby Bryant, PWNAGE!!!

Q3,Errrm a little too young, just play with mates

Q4. NBA 2K7,2K9

10. Arron_zero

AWWWWW HELLLLL NO ><
    nba season starts in the middle of my schl exam AND public exam, dang
    anyway............... ........GO!!!!!! nuggets, all the way(n pray pistons make a comeback n go back to the gud ol' pistons we all loved, ok mayb nt all of us)

11. mininggast

mininggast Member

Guess I should answer, considering myself as a basketballer ;)
    Q1 - What basketball Team do you support?
    Oof tough one. I would go for the Caveliers.

Q2 - Which Basketball Player do you like most and why?
    Lebron James a.k.a. King James of Cleveland ;). Do I need to tell you why?
    Q3 - Do you play Basketball with friends outside or in a Club/Group/School Team/Outdoor team etc?
    Play basketball in a club in the Netherlands. 4 times a week practice and 1or2 games a week.
    Q4 - Do you play any console Basketball games?
    Have been a fan of NBA 2006 for my purplewonderbox. Still playing it with my teammates ;)
    E.G NBA Ballers, NBA Live 2008

12. FenrirXII

FenrirXII New Member

Q1 - Denver Nuggets

Q2 - Carmelo anthony cause I like his style

Q3 - Play for school, at a gym with friends.

Q4 - NBA 2k games

13. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I do enjoy throwing balls in a random target, it's kind of like darts with people putting you off your shot. I doubt whoever invented it imagined that it would become a competative sport.
    As a sport it is probably the worst example of sporting imagined as it is a sport that equips the winning team with the title of making less mistakes. Hardly a sport for winners, this is a sport based around who can make the least mistakes. Skill? oh yes there is lots, as there always will be in playground games.
    Problem is anyone can basket a ball, tis too easy you see. The loosing team is the team that screws up and does not make the basket. Basketball for basket-case sports.

14. Arron_zero

==" honestly, you don't know much about basketball do you...there is no question basketball and football(soccer in america) for me are the best sport in the world.

let's see, you're saying basketball doesn't require much skill. You are soooooooo wrong. what skills do we need in basketball you ask. Obviously more than just flinging balls at hoops. 1st off, there's dribbling and passing skills for points guards. Then there's shooting which involves off-ball movements, catch and shoot and step-backs. Inside players need to have good post games and set screens. Defensively you've got to box out and rebound, contest every shot, defend man-to-man with your feet rather than your hand and shot blocking. And that's only a small fraction of all there is to basketball.

Is this a easy sport? think again. Seriously, MJ won't be an icon if basketball is what you say it is.

Sorry if I rant too much or sound rude but basketball is my favourite sport and i don't take kindly to anyone insulting the sport. SO, if you don't know much about it or you suck at it, don't ever say bad things about basketball.

15. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i play basketball with my friend... and i'm not too good at it...

basketball is more tiring than soccer i guess... you should running most off all time... and stay focus...

16. OAN

OAN Guest

1. one and ony Los Angeles Lakers
    2.KOBE BRYANT CUZ HES FREAKN AMAZING. 3 TIMES GAME WINNING SHOTS AT THE BUZZER THIS SEASON
    3.i play for fun and with friends and im pretty good and i look to improve with my skills
    4 2ks

17. Arron_zero

Let's talk NBA!!! xD who you think could claim the 4th-8th spot for the playoffs? this year is awesome, so many overachievers and surprises. I sure hope kevin durant makes it. Can't wait to find out how he does on the big stage.

18. gx280

gx280 Guest

I hate basketball. I find it to be really boring. Not sure why though.

19. Yungstunna221

Yungstunna221 Member

Yep I play basketball both for my school team and a rec league ;) Its pretty tiring but it keeps me busy and its something else to do besides playing video games.

My favorite team is the Orlando Magic because I'm from Orlando :p

Character I support most is LeBron James because he is already one of the best players to ever play basketball, yet he has so much untapped potential. Plus you just have to love those dunks

I just sold 2K9 and I'm hoping my dad will get me 2k10 for my birthday which is in February :)

20. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

i like basketball!...i play basketball both for my realm and states..