1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any Anime advice? :))

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Dynodevil, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Exrael

Exrael Member

For nice adventure ones with good taste, try One Piece and HunterXHunter.

2. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

You should watch Black Cat. :3 It's really entertaining.

3. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Yes. Black cat is nice but its a little bit to short. you should try Rozen maiden

4. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

Desu desu desu boku...

5. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

I'd have to suggest either Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, or Death Note. They are all very well written shows with a great animation style. Unfortunately (or thankfully, take your pick), they are all very narrative-driven animes, with Bleach having something like one hundred episodes, so prepare to devote some time to it. Death Note is a very short series with something like 21 episodes, while Fullmetal has 51 or so.

6. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

the only anime i ever watch was dragon ball z/gt Pokemon shamon king, hamtaro :D, that yu-yu stuff for a lettel bit and that's about it i would recommend all of those(ecsept that yu-yu thang) especially naruto it seems kinda goofy for the first couple eps but over time it gets more serious

7. ace attorney

ace attorney New Member

try watching Code Geass. Its like Gundam and Death note.

It's a cool anime. :)

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i would say evangelion as well it was a good series but the last few episodes were very disapointing.

i'd say anything made by MANGA before the year 2000, the older the better, it will be the best stuff you will ever see.
    after 2000 it is all crap apart from the ghost in the shell series and films which are my biggest recomendation.

9. DonCreek

DonCreek Well-Known Member

GUNDAM SERIES, DEATHNOTE and BLACKCAT ;D...all my fav ;D

10. sasquatch

sasquatch Well-Known Member

hell yeah man on the naruto really good at the start then slows down with a whole bunch of fillers then gets really good again with the shippuden stuff I saw up to episode 22 with english subs and it is awesome, I cannot believe only 3 people recommended evangelion the action the drama its one of my all time faves, also try death and rebirth for the abbreviated versions. You can't go wrong with ghost in the shell the original movie and the ongoing series.
    Did you want just series or are you after movies, try appleseed, vampire hunter d, akira-one of the greatest, ninja resurrection the movie and the series, battle angel lolita,
    Some more series try afro samurai, star wars clone wars the animated series, samurai jack, one piece is bit on the comedy side but the action is top notch when it comes up, some older stuff is robotech its outdated on the animation but its got a top story line and good action sequences, try samurai pizza cats- it was kinda like an animated power rangers before there was power rangers oh yeah and it was good to watch unlike power rangers which is pure shit.

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

exactly what i said. they are all manga titles and are pre 2000. also all in my classic video colection apart from ninja resurection but i do have ninja scroll.
    its alita not lolita and it has to be one of my all time favorites

12. EmuBoy

EmuBoy Well-Known Member

13. sasquatch

yeah sorry I should get it right the first time but I couldn't remember exactly what the name was thanks for the reminder, it battle angel alita was one of the very first manga movies I ever saw I thought it was bloody fantastic , been a fan of anime manga ever since.

14. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

try watching law of ueki

15. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

I liked Samurai X, Neon Genisis, and Bezerk is a good one too

16. sasquatch

I was thinking if you want to go way back to some real classic anime cartoons try silver hawks, thundercats, any of the voltrons, robotech also known under the macross name

17. chaoslordsokar

chaoslordsokar Well-Known Member

Most people really enjoy the hack and slasher or super robot battle type anime, but don't forgat there are also other interesting genres. Love stories in particular, like Saishuukeiki-She the ultimate weapon, Kanon-it must be a dream or true love, Kimi ga nozumo eien, Girls bravo and Yumeria. Then there are those with hard hitting storylines that stays as close to reality as you can bring it in anime like Black lagoon, Last Exile, Now and then/Here and there and Silent Mobius

18. *agrees with interbutts

You really cant go wrong with the Gundam series
    and there is so many eps to watch,

* Mobile Suit Gundam (Also known as the First Gundam)
    * Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
    * Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    * Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
    * Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
    * Super Deformed Gundam
    * Mobile Suit Gundam F91
    * Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
    * Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
    * Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    * Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    * Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
    * After War Gundam X
    * New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
    * Turn A Gundam
    * Gundam the Ride: A Baoa Qu
    * G-Saviour
    * Gundam Neo Experience 0087: Green Divers
    * Gundam Evolve
    * Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    * Superior Defender Gundam Force
    * Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO
    * Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
    * Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer
    * Mobile Suit Gundam 00

note, some of these are short film series or just movies.

oh! and ofcourse i highly reccomend Trigun.

Great plot, amazing characters and some cool fight scenes too :D

19. chaoslordsokar

chaoslordsokar Well-Known Member

What about Samurai Champloo? It does have the oldstyle look for anime but the storyline rocks as do the fight scenes. Also some older anime like Shinkon Godannar ( robot anime ), Martian Successor Nadesico and the original Blood series. These are really good series and I reccomend these to beginner anime fans,my reasoning is if you jump to the really good stuff that everyone reccomends, you'll pretty much have seen it all,like if you watched Naruto or Bleach would the first season of DBZ look as awesome to you as it would if you hadnt watched Naruto or Bleach. Try and source some rarer and a wider variety of anime dudes, since it's all about the fun and experience dudes or we are all gonna end up saying , " Anime just doesn't do it for me anymore ! "

20. chaoticevl

chaoticevl Member

Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagen. I'm not a big fan of Mechs gundam except for G Gundam bores the hell out of me but this series take mechs to the borders of sanity and beyond. I can't wait for the movie to come out.