1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Another PC problems...

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by meganova, Jul 4, 2009.

1. evildonkeys

evildonkeys Member

sounds like u burnt out ur processor or its probably just out of place. can u tell me where does the loud noise comes from? it might give us a lot more clues

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'm not sure,because both of the power supply and processor are near to each other.So it's hard to tell whether the noise came from power supply or processor.

3. evildonkeys

evildonkeys Member

hmm...when u turn ir pc on did u see a quick spark in the back where the power supply is or not?

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

How can it come from the power supply, it could be on the processor?

5. meganova

Huh?....-_-"
    No,there is no spark..
    If there is,I would have stopped from doing it instead send it to the computer shop.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

doesnt mean anything like that at all.

meganova: something like one of these:

[​IMG] or [​IMG] or [​IMG], the last one is the easiest option but I can do the same thing with either of the first two.

7. meganova

Well,the problem had been solved!!
    Thanks!!
    Sorry for the late feedback..

8. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

So what the problem & the solution, shared it.

9. meganova

It turned out that my Processor need to be changed because one of the pins are missing at the bottom.and It was my fault for not unlocking the motherboard before placing it back(causing the pins broken,I think it was because of the locker).So I thought, I just need to buy the some processor and place it back.
    And it worked,

and the big-huge noise sound is from the power supply fan,because my motherboard need 550w power supply cable and I'm using the 250w power supply(because of the CPU is turned on for about 8-10 hours per day,it causing the power supply to work more and thus exhausting it).So,I buy the silent-550w power supply :)

10. AceKilla

Good to hear that and it was a lesson for all of us. Thx. :D

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

indeed, the pins on the processor can not be damaged in any way and the processor can't be forced in its socket.

12. meganova

Uhuh,
    It cost too much,because I have to change the motherboard too.because the Processor AMD Althon X2 isn't available right now.So I'm just buying the PhenomX4 or something like that...

13. Loonylion

phenom II x4 costs even more, and would need an entirely different board to the athlon X2.

14. meganova

Is phenom II X4 better than AlthonX2?
    It's seems have same speed with althonX2... :(

15. Loonylion

it may have the same per core speed, but it has two cores more than the Athlon X2 has. Plus, depending on which stepping you're talking about, the phenom II x4 may well draw less power. Additionally, Phenom II x4 supports DDR2 and possibly DDR3 (the AM3 phenoms support DDR3) while the Athlon X2 only supports DDR

16. meganova

Then,It's a power saver processor?
    what is the good-latest processor right now?

17. AceKilla

For me i think it still would be AMD processor. 8)

18. Loonylion

Not really, its just more power efficient. The Athlon X2 is about 4 years old now. The latest AMD is the Phenom II x4.