1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Another PC problems...

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by meganova, Jul 4, 2009.

1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

not beeping..the fans running quite unusual..does it broken?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it doesn't beep at all then yes there is probably something wrong. my guess would be either power supply or motherboard failure.

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

um, i think the one of the cable is unplugged. it happens in our school with the lcd projector. check the cables.

4. meganova

I think not,
    because all of the required cable are connected to motherboard as well the monitor cable.

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It could still happen...it happened to mine.... I had to whack it a little bit (System unit) just so I can have it working again....

It's either the connections or just check inside the system unit to see if there is something wrong there.

6. meganova

Maybe I need to run the Flash Bios?

7. Loonylion

NO. Flashing the BIOS is the most dangerous thing you can do. If the PC has worked fine before then the BIOS does not need flashing, and if you flash it you run the risk of permanently killing the board.

8. meganova

Uhuh,
    Then?what should I do?

9. Loonylion

open the case and check all the connections, turn it on and tell me if the CPU fan spins, also if theres disk activity (either listen to the hard disk, or gently put your hand on top of it (NOT the side with the circuit board) and you should be able to feel it spinning. If there's any lights on the motherboard tell me that too.

10. meganova

CPU status :-
    Processor fan - Spinning
    Motherboard LED - Okay
    Hard Disk - Okay(I mean,when I put my hand on top of it,there's a vibration)
    CPU fan - Spinning(but I'm not sure whether the loud noise come from CPU fan or Processor fan)

11. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

The first time u boot ur cpu, is the screen goes blank or there is bios display (like usually)?

12. Loonylion

OK, so we have power to the board. Now, unplug all the drives from the board (and their power connectors, label them if necessary) take any expansion cards out (even the graphics card if you have video built into the motherboard, otherwise leave it in), remove all ram modules except the one closest to the processor and turn it on. What happens now?

13. meganova

Still blank..
    I think the problem is either power supply or processor....

14. AceKilla

I don't think so, maybe it's just the head conector of your vga card... if ur m/b or processor is broken, it won't started at all.

15. Loonylion

It isn't starting. It is getting power. Nothing more.

Remove the last ram module, and does it change anything?

16. AceKilla

So it was blank screen? Not even the bios display? Than it's definetly a cpu problem, but did the cpu made a beep sound? like if a ram problem than it will beep long, and if a vga problem it will beep twice short.

17. Loonylion

the beep codes actually depend on on the bios, different bioses have different codes. He's already said there's no beeping.

18. meganova

No,still blank.

No beep sound.
    and I think the processor or power supply is the problem..

19. Loonylion

do you have access to a multimeter/voltmeter? (or a computer power supply tester is the easier option)

20. meganova

Did you mean a hardware?