1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Another NDS Problem...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FLYINHAWAIIAN37, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

there's not a way to "re-gain" RAM, either you buy it and have it or not. you can't snap your fingers and expect some RAM to appear. [/sarcasm]

someone rips your computer open and takes it, or it gets damaged.

deleting stuff won't bring your RAM back (assuming you had more in the first place), it'll give you HDD space back. NOTHING (except for buying it) will give you more RAM.

do you have another computer?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

oh,thanks for correcting me kazama..you can't regain it but you can optimize it..

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

closing running programs will free up ram, so more of it is available for use.

4. FLYINHAWAIIAN37

FLYINHAWAIIAN37 Well-Known Member

yea i have another computer.
    and according to MEGANOVA, the game might go faster if i use defragment, am i correct?

5. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

Yes i think because my grandmother tell about it, one day when i was a dude.... more dude....

6. Loonylion

probably not with NDS roms, with PC games it can help, but your disk has to be really badly fragmented before you notice an improvement from defragmenting.

7. FLYINHAWAIIAN37

ok im on another computer right now and i downloaded No$Gba and the games run either in the high 90%s or 100. So i know for sure its my laptop that has the problem. I started the defragmenting process yesterday and left the house and when i came back somebody had closed it. *damnit it was taking forever too* So i tried to play Yu-Gi-Oh again and it managed to get around a sort of reasonable speed *60 and 70%s* but the only problem with that is that i have to play with no sound. If i turn the sound on it is like around 30 and 40%.

8. Loonylion

laptops are generally less powerful than desktops.

9. FLYINHAWAIIAN37

i see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.