1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anime: Raw, Subbed, or dubbed?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by JohnnieBob, Feb 21, 2010.

?

Would you rather watch anime in..

1. Raw Japanese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dubbed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Subbed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Whoops, I accidentally clicked "dubbed". =.=

I prefer subs, and my Japanese teacher says that a good way to supplement your education outside of school is by watching anime. :p

2. corprlfish

corprlfish Well-Known Member

What a legend techer, my German teacher told me to watch Inspecter Rex......

>.>

3. checirecat

checirecat Member

Raw. Occasionally, subbed English.

4. grondylion

grondylion Well-Known Member

i like dubbed anime better than subbed because i dont like having to read all the subs everytime someone talks and i enjoy the english voice acting more aswell. i would probly only watched an anime subbed if it wasn't english dubbed

5. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

After watching a few subs you get easily used to the words across the bottom and learn how to read them in the characters voice and you usually don't notice that your reading them after a while.

Also, your English is atrocious I had to make a lot of fixes to the grammar and spelling. >_>

6. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

oh come on dude we don't need another Grammar Nazi

7. CrashmanX

HAIL HITLE-eeeENGLISH!!!

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

You kind of forgot a period there.

9. Paralys

Paralys Member

Dubbed if there's an English version, unlike the whole lot of you weeaboos. Just because it was recorded in Japanese doesn't make it more "authentic" to watch it in that language, it just makes you the kid who sits in the back of class incorrectly drawing Kanji next to deformed pictures of Lucky Star characters on his notebook and wondering why the girl he likes calls the cops on him when he tries to re-enact Bible Black scenes with her.

10. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

There seems to be a grammar battle here, how pitiful.

11. 500man

500man Member

Sub beats censorship.

EDIT:
    Agreed, Inuyasha was awesome.

12. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

SUBBED

90% of all anime dubbed to the states are just fucking awful, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Kenshin, and Trigun are exceptions.

13. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

Dubbed. Except for the second season of sailor moon lol. Hated sailor moons voice lol

14. crazytuna

basically, great series get great dubs

15. CrashmanX

Bingo, of course this doesnt apply to all series. TTGL got a god awful dub, seriously if you havent heard the Original Voices then your missing out on half of the TTGL experience.

16. crazytuna

Gurren Laggan gets opposing reviews, some says it's one of the best made ever, while other says it's just like any other series

17. CrashmanX

Well thats because it is just a mish mash of like 100 other Gainax series fused together. I can literally take almost everything from TTGL and point it to a reference from another Gainax series. Even the Pose Gurren Lagann takes (The crossed Arms) is from another anime, Take it to the Top, Gunbuster.

18. crazytuna

Ah but the "Who the hell do you think we are" is definitely from Gurenn Laggan

19. CrashmanX

Actually if I'm not mistaken that's from another series. I think it was also Gubuster but I could be wrong, I'd have to watch some stuff again. Haven't seen Gunbuster in like a year.

20. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Princess Mononoke deserved better dubs... Billy Crudup was ass.