1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anime Endings that made you go WTF!?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 22, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Lain is easy (after several viewings):

She's an artificial being created to be like an ultimate AI (kind of like Aura in .hack) to help merge the unconscious minds of humans into one consciousness within the Wired without the aid of any physical interface like computers (7th protocol) however one of the developers, Eiri Masami, realized if he could control the Wired, he would, in essence, become a god onder these circumstances. So he created a code to insert his own consciousness into the Wired and abandoned his body (died) afterwards. He then spends much of the series trying to confuse Lain, who is just beginning to realize her potential, into joining him as she is actually the one who would control the Wired. As the series progresses, Lain discovers herself through human interaction and friendship with various characters like Arisu/Alice and becomes a "goddess" of this other level of reality that can affect the real world. She chooses to erase her existence to prevent the events that ultimately drove Arisu mad and left several others dead, but with the ability to watch over her friends.

Knights of the Eastern Calculus = follwers of Eiri, as a god needs followers to exist. Tachibana Labs created the 7th protocol and are trying to stop Eiri and get Lain back on track with their plan. The "other" Lains were copies meant to confuse Lain and the people in her life as a means of controlling her.

Endings that made zero sense? Evangelion. Both endings. I loved the series but there was no ending that didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth...I hope they improve it with Rebuild.

2. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo
    Oh were gonna have a big fite..
    Oops we ending the series..

3. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

That shit is crazy. I didn't bother watching it up to the end since I already knew the ending anyways.

4. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Death Note
    Seeing L at the end of the anime credits sort of surprised me

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion - It was all going so well until those last couple episodes then it was like a acid trip.

Big O - Same as Evangelion really I also had the misfortune of seeing the last couple of episodes 1st boy was I ever confused...>__< Watched it again from start to finish and I was even more confused then the 1st time I seen it..All I should know is they have come to terms wtf.Also tomato ppl ftw?

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

They make sense, the later ending made more sense though. The original ending was just too artsy in comparison to the rest of the anime, while it was a show about characters, it didn't really buy the last two episodes being in Shinji's head during instrumetnaktnltntae and not really having a solid conclusion besides that he rejects the experiment thing by claiming that he needs people in his life to be happy. Oh ya Rei makes Shinji to decide if humanity should be a blob or not, iknorite.

The End of Evangelion movie had a much better ending, the original ending was fucking stupid, especially in contrast to what the series has previously covered.

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

In comparison, I'd say. I'm waiting to see how Rebuild ends.

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Code Geass. I understand why it ended that way. I just wasn't expecting it.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for the total and utter lack of an ending. It'd be the equivalent of watching Return of the Jedi and stopping the movie right as they free Han Solo from Jabba's Palace.

These are probably pale in comparison to the others on the thread. I haven't watched enough anime to really know.

9. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ranma 1/2... really why didn't it end like the magna?

10. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

Blood Plus ... woo hoo I killed my sis,,, oh wait she wasnt a bad person,,, waaahhhhhhh,,, oh no now i gotta go sleep and not see anyone again for very long time,,, at which point most if not all the people i knew before will be dead,,,,

11. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

- She had to kill her sister, and she knew for a while that her sister was also a victim.
    - Her required sleep was also well known. The series started with her awaking from her previous sleep too.
    I don't understand why the ending made you go "WTF".

12. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

except she didn't treat her as such til that point at all,, she just suddenly ups and starts crying ,, holding her hand.. the whole personality change is the wtf thing, in the series and the movie she is cold and deadly after going back to normal self..well actually the movie,, she was always like that,, only reason she was kinder in anime is because of the forced awakening messing with her memory>>>>>> same with the sleep,,, I know it was supposed to come,, but it just goes all of a sudden,, mm oops i fainted, time to go sleep,, also the series didn't start with her awaking from sleep.. that episode talking about that came in later. its made me wtf.. cause of those sudden and rather disappointing changes .. don't get me wrong though, the ending stuff made me go wtf but it's still one of my favorite anime nonetheless

13. Skysord

Skysord New Member

mine would have to be The Big O and Kemeko Deluxe they were good endings just...open