1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anime Conventions & Cosplay Events

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 30, 2008.

1. tiramisukisu

tiramisukisu Well-Known Member

Sometimes I hate our obsession with things that are cute...

I saw an anime convention in your country months ago. I was in a mall (mega mall?) and surprised seeing many cosplay. It was interesting for me. I saw some with gothic lolita fashion. It is popular? I feel it is too hot to wear the fashion here. o(_ _)o

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sister you don't know the half of it, it isn't a fashion statement, it's an outright fad or trend that has blown out of proportion!

About two years ago or so, we've had otakus having cosplay events almost monthly! We've even had something like "Anime on Ice" which was kinda like the ice capades, with otakus, an Anime sports fest, where talented & talentless otakus competed in volleyball & basketball & there was even an Anime Junior-Senior Prom event, it was kind of a formal cocktail-esque cosplay event.

Oh & there was also Anime Battle of the bands :D

3. tiramisukisu

Really? The otaku I know they are not so active. They spend weekends isolated in room playing game / making idolm@ster video. Their outdoor activity is work work work and photo. No volleyball or ice skating. It is like they celebrate being otaku? (*_*)

I am a little amai lolita (just a little because I graduated already) but it is just normal fashion for me. I didn't know it is popular here. Where do they buy their cloth? Isn't it costly? I was comparing price of clothes here and home... I bought cute one-piece in glorieta for 500p vs japanese one-piece around 12,500p. (-_-; ) I should go shopping very much before I leave. orz

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Wait, are you asking about the costumes cosplayers make, or designer clothes I got a little confused?

5. tiramisukisu

The loli fashion. You said it is a trend now so I was curious. (*^^*)

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh okay, so I mis understood then.

Yes I think the hip young crowd these days are into those fashions :)

7. tiramisukisu

Yes yes I was asking where they buy it because I noticed big price difference...

But then you are a boy. orz Sorry I talked much about style. o(_ _)o

It is out of the topic but, I cannot modify locked post anymore? Because someone named Cahos-nyan locked post about pictures (¬д¬) (hehe). I am shy now I am just 1 out of 2 who put photo. I thought everyone else would put after! (T△T) There is no way to remove?

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

your boyfriend is one lucky guy, and you should cosplay on certain special day.

and i do agree that 2d girl is better then most real girl..... i personally only meet 2 girl in real life that i cant take my eye off, too bad they are taken >.<, maybe someday my Kitty will appear like Belldandy.

9. tiramisukisu

But you see and like some real girls. just they are taken or you havent found girl who fits your likes.

Hm.. Maybe you should find girl who likes cute style. You can make them nekomimi even with no force. My boy likes cats / cat girl too and I like wearing bunny ear / cat ear so it is two way and both of us are happy. (^∇^)

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I didn't lock the thread tiramisu, that's strange ???

11. xXRemXx

xXRemXx Member

Nothing wrong with cosplay! D: Some find it a really fun hobby. They don't put all of their money into it or anything, but it's more something to do with spare time/funds.

I will agree that people do tend to go way overboard with the anime thing, but it's all good in moderation.

And anime conventions are quite fun. Yes, the smelly 40-year old otakus are a big turnoff, but that's not the only type of person that attends! xD
    They're a great way to meet other people who like the same stuff as you, since generally the conventions have video games and Japanese culture as well.

Don't judge 'em before you try 'em~

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I've seen my fair amount of cosplay otakuness thanks to my former uber utako freinds.

It's all hey let's dress up as this, ooh I like to dress up like that. It's so sickening considering they used to do it every month sheesh!

13. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Hey! Yore a second generation otaku cahos! hahahaha how old are you now? :eek:

14. mastergods

mastergods Well-Known Member

I am trying to master all the kido moves!
    But people spend their money on things they do not need every day! games. Movies and so on.

And who say sthe spend all thir money on their cosplays? I put $10 away every pay day to work on my costumes. I still have a place to live food to eat and all bills paid.
    Hey Be nice to the old timers! (Not that I am one) But they are the ones who set up the cons and started bringing anime to us. And its only a few of them who are turn offs (I.E sailor Moon guy!)
    But that sounds like almost any hobby or fun thing to do X.X Good now and then. But every week or month would kill it.