1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anime Conventions & Cosplay Events

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 30, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

lol but those are good cosplay.....

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes they are, but if they spent half the time they spent in Cosplaying with getting chicks, they'd have normal lives now ;D

4. calvin_0

maybe their are not intrested in girl who doesnt like cosplay

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Who would like people who spend money on something so frivalous when there are more valuable things you should worry about like food, shelter & bills?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yep, I went to the convention here in Christchurch last year, it was more videogames, tv shows then Anime.

7. calvin_0

and most girl do that? i dont think so...or else why the hell they have tons of shoes and dress....

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes, imagine this:

A cosplayer dude has this prick girlfriend who demands shopping & such,

Cosplayer dude always puts her off because he spends money making Anime suits

Girlfriend leaves him, he doesn't care

Bottom-line, girls want to be pampered, if guys won't pamper them, then they're good for nothing ;D

9. calvin_0

that too bad for them, what i'm trying to said is, maybe they are looking for girls who are into cosplay as much as they do....

so those problem will not happen.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yeah that's possible, but the couple should work hard at keeping a relationship founded on Cosplaying

11. calvin_0

they could cosplay together like if the gay cosplay as Otimus Prime, the girl will cosplay as Elita One, perfect match XD (unless the girl isnt into Transformer)

12. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

lol

*knows the gosiengfiao sisters personally* well more of edj, she's nice

well for a guy that hates cosplaying you seem to have a little fanboy in you :p

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well Alo-chan is different, she carries herself nicely, not like other Otakus, who reek of Anime Obssession. And yes, I'm actually one of her fans, but not like those sickos who drool over her. There are 2 factions of her fans:

1. the sickos who send her "I Love You" messages or the mere fact that they even beg for her mobile number is sickening. And don't forget those who even give her gifts as if they're her close friends.These people want her not to become overly famous, because then, they wouldn't be able to go near her.

2. Those who admire her from a distance, like me, I've only heard about her from my friends, saw a few of her pics in Cosplay gear & thought, damn she's cool. Our faction do want her to become uber famous as she is now, because she is a good candidate for the Filipino poster person of Anime appreciation.

14. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

lol yeah sadly #1's the majority, me and my friends have a good laugh at thier expense though so :D

15. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

i posted so much forms today but ill repeat most of the list that i posted do far.
    POSTED BY GRYPHOONDAWN AND TIMEGUARD

What is a good anime?

Well most of you are wondering about the best anime that ever existed. Anime is meant usually for teens. It is made from the idea of a cartoon and brama(kinda mixed). ill go to my point

It dosent mean that the anime have a bad graphic mean that the anime was bad. The anime might have a good story on it so try it reading anyway.

Also sound plays a very important part in anime because the sound creates mood and atmosphere in the play. On the anime called "black cat" the intro was good eventhough there are lots of messed up scenes The opening sad song was a good part while showing the dead woman(Saya) and 2 guys fighting(Train and Creed).

English Vs Other language anime
    anime with english audio is quite good to understand the anime more clearly if you are an american or a european but there are some great movies too in different language so try to look on those film as well.
    SubTitles migh help you eventhough most of them are kinda same to the conversation, it means kinda different.

The great editor. The secret of all film. A great editor was the key for the sucess of the anime. You can have a crappy story but a great editor and makes your anime a great film even if the idea of the writer was low. Unlike film, anime editors dont need to be bond to the characters to see the look and descide for the outcome of the anime and to get the response of the characters of each scenes. The editor can play with the story and makes it more interesting by putting the best of the best image of the film strip. The editor takes the best shot that fits in to the situation that creates a mood and atmosphere more clearly and intersting. He can also play on the story by putting effects and flashbacks

A good anime should have complexity and yet simple to understand. The anime should be comple but not too complicated because people wont undertand it and not too simple because people might think its a lame story. It should contain twist that have a very unpredictable but satisfaction ending. I suggest to have some chioces on the ending to make the viewers hope and guess. One good example is the ending of ichigo 100%. the ending was great (Nishino's supporters (Nishino= someone who you can rely on;always there for you;loyal and devoted and also a great cook )) eventhough the maker planned a happy ending- Manka Junpei and Toju Aya , the ending turned to be quite good.(exept the fact that the writer received lots of message from the supporters of Aya and Satsuki).

A good and unique story was good. I usually prefered drama type because it brings out emotion. The story that have an interesting topic can hook the interest of the viewers.

If you want are starting a manga, please read Ichigo100% as an inspiration because it includes film and stuff that you needed. The anime was a disappointment to me because the characters developed so fast.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Original Content removed

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would strongly suggest the insults stop here and now...

18. tiramisukisu

tiramisukisu Well-Known Member

Old topic but...

Don't say so. o(;△;)o But it reminds me. My boy has some otaku friends and one of them went to a prostitute outside Japan to experience sex... then went back to loving only 2d girls. orz None of them has girlfriend still. They all say 2d girl is much better. I dont understand it at all. (¬д¬。)

Regarding cosplay, I dressed once as Shana (not for convention but for date orz). It was so shy for me even if it appeared like simple hime fashion and not cosplay. It was this Shana -> http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig06/10062028a12.jpg. I never did it again especially when I noticed my boy was more excited about shana me than normal me (>_<; ).

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Umm yeah bad generalisation there in my part sorry. But aren't your boyfriend & his friends proving otherwise LOL.

20. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I am too addicted to Bleach. I am practically a Bleach library. If you ank me, I know every Zanpaku-to, technique, Hdo, Bakudo, Shikai and Bankai. Hah Ishida is my hero!

I am typing Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki from memory, not cheating.
    Some no Mai, Tsukishiro
    Tsugi no Mai, Hakuren
    San no Mai, Shirafune

Hado no san ju san, soukatsui
    Hado no san ju ichi, shakkaho
    Hado no yon, Byakurai