1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Angry Birds Addiction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

that's because the art and character design is great.

2. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I hate Angry Birds.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You're toying with me aren't you >.<;

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Consumerism makes me god damn fucking sick.

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

The game looks nice, but it's has pretty shallow gameplay. The "Crush the Castle" game that it rips off is also shallow, but looks (and sounds) horrible. I can't help but feel that if AB didn't have the cute characters it wouldn't be successful at all /:[
    Also, the physics for Crush the Castle 2 are messed-up.

6. awesomebros

It's successful because it was at the right place at the right time.

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The Crush the Castle games work infinitely better. The physics aren't wonderful, but they are still better than Angry Birds.

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I think most hardcore gamers are against AB but I seriously think they are damn cute...forget about the company racking in money, it's all about the cutesy and casual gaming. I would agree there have been serious lags in the game itself but tell me other than cut the rope and other android based games, what other mobile games are great. Comeon, it's meant for fun and to tap on when you are outside and has no PSP with you or DS for that matter. For info, the company said they weren't any gaming companies to start with, it was something they did for entertaiment purposes. We simply cannot compare AB to any console gaming, so it's entirely in another group called mobile entertaiment. I don't see people complaining about Mickey Mouse or Hello Kitty or any mascots, so quit yapping how bad AB is...LOL

9. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

10. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

Worse than living under a rock:Living in a small country next to India

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Difference is Mickey Mouse is the mascot for Disney, Angry Birds isn't a mascot, its a tiny little crappy dollar flash game. You can't compare Mickey Mouse or Hello Kitty to Angry Birds.

12. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Angry birds is a good game

13. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Nope.

The levels are poorly designed to the point that I can't hit all the pigs. It gives you the least needed "bird" and forces you to destroy the fricken castle with it. HOW THE HECK CAN YOU WRECK A CASTLE EXPECTING TO KILL ALL THOSE BOARS WITH ONE LITTLE RED TINY BIRD!?

Yes people, I am ranting on how I can't hit the damn pig.

Oh, and CtC is better because it gives you a chance to pick your ammo. But throwing those ammo with right timing is a different story.

14. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I don't think AB deserves the handle of 'game'. It's a good distraction maybe, but I wouldn't call it a game.

15. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Yes, Angry Birds is overrated.
    Yes, there are better games on the Android Market (Greedy Spiders, Cut The Rope, ...)
    Yes, Angry Birds is decent.

16. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

you for real? like srsly?

17. lewis9191

It is a game that help kill time. I offers star rating so there is some incentive to revisit levels

I think this is your fault not the developers.

18. awesomebros

You know, good for this guy
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/19996-14-year-olds-iphone-game-t
    but creating a smash hit for the iPhone game basically means you need to create something simple and rewarding. What the hell are you expecting from a device with no buttons?

19. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Angry Birds DS? :D

20. lewis9191

Hey CK3