1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Android] Sentinel 4: Dark Star OdorobouJohn

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by odoroboujohn, Jan 12, 2015.

1. odoroboujohn

odoroboujohn Member

There are a lot of tower defense games out and a lot of them aren't that great. I think the last good tower defense game I played was Final Fantasy: Crystal Defenders. Sentinel 4 has something to it, though.
    The story starts after beating the invasion on your home planet. The alien mother ship tries to flee and jumps into a vortex. Our commander, being the awesome hero that he is, takes his ship the Sentinel into the vortex. Losing track of the mother ship around a planet named Xenon, our commander proceeds to hunt down the invaders with the help of the local population.
    First are the bad aspects of this game. I usually play with my volume on, but, am so involved making a strategy I never noticed how horrible the sounds are for when you are beating down on some alien baddies; until I was listening to someone else playing. The soundtrack has a few good songs but otherwise it's dub-step nonsense. There are only twenty one types of aliens you destroy. May sound like a lot, but, it's really not. The only other fault I have with this is it takes so long to level up your commander once you hit level eleven.
    My favorite feature of this game is how customize-able everything in this game is. There are twelve types of turrets with varying amount of spaces to place on the grid and three types of obstacles. The turrets are placed on the side of the path the aliens take, while, the obstacles can be placed in the path. Each turret has six different areas you can upgrade. Ranging from unlocking max upgrade to turret range. Your ship provides you six different types of support, such as missile and repair, with five areas to upgrade. Then there is the stronghold. Your stronghold has six different types of support with six areas to upgrade. As you level up through the game you gain new types of armor weapons and attribute points to award your commander. There are only three different types of attributes that your abilities utilize.
    Other features this game has are a campaign and endless mode, an enemy wiki, an ability to buy or trade star fragments for credits or xp, high replay factor, plenty of stages and difficulty settings, and something called a global nexus report. With the nexus report, after each level your contribution to the global war effort is uploaded and when enough effort is achieved in an area of xenon, all players on the server receive rewards. Depending on your rank is how big of a reward you get.
    Presentation gets a ten. I like how much attention to detail the story has and it even had a nice opening movie. Graphics are awesome for an .apk with a high zoom factor. So, I'm giving that a ten. Sound is probably a five. Gameplay is a ten. Lasting Appeal... I don't think this game is going to age well. I can't see myself ten years from now wanting to play this game, but, having to defeat each stage on easy, medium, hard and psycho difficulty gives it a crazy replay factor so I'll give that a six. Final score is forty one out of fifty star fragments. Good Job Origin8 team!

2. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Bloons TD is always gonna be the best TD in my eyes.