1. This forum is in read-only mode.

An eye for an eye?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by msg2009, Aug 20, 2010.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

An eye for an eye. Sounds like the punch line from this japanese comics im reading.

An eye for an eye
    A tooth for a tooth
    Evil for evil

My dumb Opinion:

Im thinking that this is the blunt way of demanding for fairness and equality. Everyone wants justice and by justice i mean getting even.

I will agree with everyone that it is barbaric, inhumane, immature, etc. However, in my opinion, it would be very difficult to say that such practice is "wrong".

Im thinking that if someone[crazy] were to hear me or read this post, and thought that it would be fun to see if people stand by their word, they would create a similar situation where I am the one that lost a limb. And quite frankly I don't want that, its quite cowardly and ashamed for that.

On the other hand, If I were to say that such practice is RIGHT, I would be inclined to accept being medically paralyzed if I were the perpetrator in that crime. and i don't want that either.

Therefore I will stick with my favourite answer! "I dont know". Either answers seems to force me to be a hypocrite, which I don't want to be....at least not very often.

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Taking the proportion of people who are blind and the proportion of people who are rapists, of course the number of blind rapists is going to be small.