1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ammo Shortage

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reider

Reider Modereider

Whatever.

Locked by OP's request.

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I seriously don't understand why you want this thread to die. Hypr questioned your position because you didn't make it clear, and you interpreted (wrong word choice) it wrong. The way you're acting about it too, is immature.

Reider, you didn't lock it.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

HYPR-You do have a point.

Like making smoking illegal (another pipe dream of mine) it'll just end up like all the illegal drugs-tough to come by but not for those in need for it.

A man can dream though can't he?

I'm lucky it's publically banned here in aus-even tasers count as weapons-means less seen often.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think it'd be easier to lessen the amount of ammunition being produced, that way people would have sparse amount of ammunition for things they have the potential to use it for. I mean people who use a weapon for defense (or use it as an excuse to own one) only need a couple of bullets. While hunters and the such have somewhat a limit of what they can buy.

Again, I don't see the point of having a gun, having it as defense it stupid. As chances are, you'll never need to use it.

I meant being produced for the public.

I don't know if this is a perfect way as there's always a way of getting something. But no way is perfect. This topic is a difficult topic to talk about solutions. As none of them are the best.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I agree-but also add increased cost of purchasing those bullets.

That's how they are trying to reduce alchol fuled violence and cigerette addictions down here-and at the prices I see it may be working...

If only these idiots with goverment money didn't come about and buy $200 worth of cigs and $1000 of booze just because they got that money free :(

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

keep increasing the price never do anything, want them to stop smoking and drinking? ban them, end of story.

also, baning gun lead to increase of other crime, i mean would someone mug or rape a person knowing he or she might carry a gun? no.... but if gun is ban..... what would stop people from raping and mugging other person?

Malaysia is a gun free country, and crime rate is everything but low. People killed by gun? in Malaysia people are killed by beaten or chop to death.

still think baning gun make a safer place to live in? think again.

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Banning alcohol and tobacco won't work. Just look at the illicit drug market and the Prohibition. By raising the prices of these goods, governments can reduce how widespread the impacts are while still raking in money that can be put to good use.
    There are non-lethal methods of self defense.

Since Reider fails at locking, maybe someone should move this to the debate board.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought I meantioned this already :(

If the cost is higher than what it already is it'll curb it a bit more.

Making it illegal or banned only means the psyco's out there would try harder to get one-and if they do then it's only a matter of time before they abuse the weapon.

9. calvin_0

yes, baning would encourage black market but raising the price would also have the same effect, the only reason why goverment dont ban those product is the profit they are making from them, not for our health.

Non Lethal self defense like what? Teaser? only works on point blank, also the attacker have a chance to grab to teaser from you and use on you, Pepper Spray? it will only make your attacker more angery with you and increase your chance of being killed and getting rape, also none of those will work if you are out numbered.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Keeping it legal curbs the illegal psycos-within reach but not money wise.

As for none leathal methods-tasers are BANNED from australia-pepper spray can work but not on everyone...

Best thing to do is to keep your wits and follow my tips...

1.Learn self defence-sure it needs to be close but it can help

2.Learn to talk-you can avoid violence if you use the right words and co-operate-even if that means being without cash it means no deaths

3.Just carry a dam box cutter like I do.

It may be small but I do know the leathal parts to stab-it's tiny blade is enough to pirce the center of a stomach.

Knife or not-if hit there it winds people (hard to breath).

Learnt that in taekwondo-while a punch does work a knife hand (hand like a blade) is better-winds them for 15 mins.

A stab may kill the person.

Thankfully because I avoid places of hig danger I have yet to use self defence or my box cutter-I always kept it on me because I use it often...boxes not people of course I hate being violent I just love talking/watching it :)

11. tehuber1337

Most people wouldn't buy ammunition if it was illegal unless they were planning on doing illegal things with it anyway. Also, you seem to be forgetting that the money the government collects from sales of these products goes right back to you in the form of improved public transport, education and health systems.
    You underestimate how debilitating these weapons can be. The only applicable difference with guns is that you're much more likely to kill someone.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Agreed on both points.

Guns are made to kill-most normal people would aim for body shots which can kill-wtf would be calm enough to aim for the leg?

13. calvin_0

learning self defense and using them are 2 differ things, everyone can learn, but how many of them have enough training or experiences to use them in time of need?

i was talking about tabacoo and stuff, and if it doesnt make any differ, improve public transport? ya right, waiting for 2 hours for a public bus is an improvement? health? clinical treetment still cost 50 bucks goverment or not. education? you never seen how school works here.

the way i see it, all the tax payer money is wasted on pointless Mosques, Monument, anti-smoking and dranking camping.

of course gun are made to kill..... that is the point of carry it the 1st place. if people are stupid enough to mug or rape someone knowing they carry something that can kill them, they deserve it anyway.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But people make mistakes.

This was a story from Australia-5 officers SHOT TO DEATH a 15 year old just because he had a knife and they were far away-no effort to just shoot legs-and they shot him 15 times.

The kid-was normally quite normal-just went nutz.

You might hit the wrong people with a gun-hence why guns are bad in the first place-this kid didn't need to be shot-talk him down and peper spray him.

...and 15 SHOTS-F***!

But I do agree on first 2 points-hence why I can only remember where to stab someone with my box cutter.

Goverments are stuffed anyway.

15. calvin_0

human error is always the human to blame, not the equipment. Blaming the equipment for human error is like saying alcoholic is a disease.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's why I say get rid of the guns or make it harder to obtain legally (preffered option).

Humans are nothing BUT errors.

Besides-makeshift weapons that I can obtain are non-lethal and leave a message-LET ME BE OR IT'S YOUR LUNGS NEXT!

(I once had a miniture 8ball key chain-same material as real ball-I used it like a mace...enough for concussion if used well, sadly it broke off from demostrations due to key chain attatchment being of poor quality)

17. calvin_0

by saying that you agree the rest of the population must paid just because some of them screwed up.

so If some one chop people to death, we should ban all the knift, If someone die from alcohol toxication, we should ban all the alcohol drinks, if someone hack a network, we should ban all the computer.

sure baning guns would keep murderer or nutcase from getting them, but what would pervent murderer or nutcase from killing you? if people want to kill, they would kill no matter what, but if you are carry a gun, you might pervert the murderer or nutcase from killing you by kiling the murderer or nutcase, unless of couse you perfer to killed by those murderer or nutcase.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Banning all would just make people reach for illegal methods.

Increasing cost and prehaps...just more paperwork for the buys might deter them.

But yes-I am generalising the whole human race-why chose a select group when I can play it safe and say ANYONE can be so stupid.

If I had a gun I would have killed a few people already-I wish not to say not everyone but if EVERYONE had a gun then I think the world would have a lot less people on it's surface.

For all we know-someone who hates being looked at the wrong way might just fire at someone who just noticed 5 cents at thier feet (I seen it happen-not cool-morons).

Of course there are many ways to kill someone-hand to hand can kill-but guns are distance weapons-making these harder to get legally might deter psycopath's getting them.

I've yet to know of a rich psycopath.

19. tehuber1337

If you don't know how/when to use it, you haven't truly learnt it.
    Mosques and monuments both affect the society and culture of your country. Anti-drug campaigns affect public health. Whether you realise it or not, the government HAS to perform its duty to some extent, or it wouldn't have a country to govern.
    And killing is bad. Did they not teach you this in school?
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". Newsflash: people kill people with guns.
    Straw man argument. The fact remains that a gun's sole purpose is to inflict harm on others. Those other things you mentioned all have other, legitimate uses.
    Murderers and nutcases aren't the only people who use guns to kill. There are waaaay too many manslaughter incidents with guns, not to mention all the instances in which a kid steals daddy's pistol and takes it to school.

Banning guns may not stop organised crime, but domestic incidents would certainly be reduced.

20. Reider

Reider Modereider

Weird, I'm pretty sure I did last night...

Oh well, fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.