1. This forum is in read-only mode.

All us oldies but Goodies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryoslide, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Ryoslide

Ryoslide Well-Known Member

The dreamcast was popular in japan and then hit the North american market, just before the PS1 came out. The dreamcast was way over priced and did not sell many units in the Americas. When play tested the Dreamcast had some speeds and framerates that still to this day match or Rival the PS2. It just was to expensive.

2. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

wow nice thread! hello to all oldies but goodies gamers!!

3. Ryoslide

Are you an oldy to 8)

4. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

actually not, i'm only 20 but talking to you guyz is great =P

5. Ryoslide

lol ok cools enjoy the thread

6. sparxxraps

sparxxraps Well-Known Member

im 24 I remember all the old games i remember atari 2600 was my first system. now i own over 150 atari 2600 carts an 2 systems 4 switcher and jr im an avid classic collector mostly 2600, Nes, Snes and Sega. i love classics over new any day.

7. forneus1942

forneus1942 Well-Known Member

I'm not that old (22), and I sill have my SNES and Gamegear (although the later hardly works). I also left my Genesis and Nes at my parents' place.

I keep playing games such as Phantasy Star (mostly the 3rd one), A link to the past, Chrono Trigger and Ice Climbers (I don't know why but I love this game).

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Seems like I played Phantasy Star IV the most on Genesis out of the series, but I do remember completing III an one time but I hardly remember it. At the time Shining in the Darkness and Dungeon and Dragons Warriors of the Eternal Sun was my RPG game of choice until Shining Force I and II came out.

Ice Climbers is fun I still play it these days as well, but the same can be said for Wizards and Warriors I still haven't found my reason for being addicted to it, Fire and Ice is another game I can't get enough of when I get started on it.

9. Stardan

Stardan Active Member

well im def. not an oldie (!@) BUT dont underestimate me.... i actually have like 70 snes cartridges and a ton of nes and ive played some of those games youve mentioned... gawd i feel like i am like 35 or something

10. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

I think I`m getting TOO old. Can`t remember Castelvania I+II are so goddamn tough on the NES: XD

11. Ryoslide

I remember when I could almost play supermario with my eyes shut and now get killed by the first rebounding tortis shell lol

12. MadmanNero

Castlevania II was the easiest in my opinion once you finally figured out how the hell to pass the cliffs with the red crystal I was stuck for what seemed forever and I didn't have internet back then to look up any info. I actually remember reading it in a issue of Nintendo Power that came in the mail and after that I was set and actually I think I beat it that night the last battle was a letdown then I discovered I took too long and there was actually 3 different endings.

Castlevania was a pain but I finally managed to beat it one time after playing the hell out of the Japan version as it has the option of playing it on "easy" there was no knock back and when you died you kept your secondary weapon and upgrade and I think you got more men than just 3 can't remember that part.

Castlevania III I could have sworn I have beaten it, but I cannot recall the last battle or even the ending so I am wondering if I actually did beat it after all, but I remember it was hard depending on what "path" you took.

I'm going to have to dig that one back out and play it again..hell for that matter I want to play all 3 again. ;D

13. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Wow, I found a "Shadow of the Beast" Video on YouTube for the PC Engine. The Soundtrack even beats the almighty Amiga-Sound. Never heard of this console before. An 8 Bit Console with CD-Rom? Maaaan, guess I have to search for some Games. Anyone of you older Guys got some experience with the PC Engine Emu`s on the PC?

14. MadmanNero

Magic Engine in my opinion is the best Turbo Graphx 16/PC Engine emulator out there, but there is a catch to it, you have to find one that has been "cracked" as you can download the emulator from the magic engine website but unless you pay for it you can only play a game for about 5 minutes and have to start over but it will play all regions of Hucard games and CD games, but be warned it can be touchy with sound on some CD games.