1. This forum is in read-only mode.

All Pokemon RPG Games-Levelling Up

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by n0thealthy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. r4man89

r4man89 Active Member

Legit on Pearl Low LVL pkm to lvl while High PKM fights other high lvls and the low lvl gets some nice xp from it. when its high enough you can battle as much as needed.

Other than that and AR.... Missing No

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Cheating defeats Pokemon's purpose. No good comes from cheating, unless you have already beaten a game.

3. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

My take on leveling a single pokemon fast. If its a terribly low level, slap exp share on it and stick it at the front of your party. Go wherever in the game might have the highest level monsters for you to encounter * or the elite 4* Switch out your low level pokemon during the first round to something that can defeat it in a timely manner. Rinse, repeat.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Indeed, you might get about 10 levels at once if you train a level 5 pokemon in the Elite 4 with EXP. Share

5. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

The only problem is that it requires a pokemon of exceptional level already to get the most out of it =/

6. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

do the next: go and catch a chancy (did I spell rigth) and use the lucky egg they always have when you catch`em then go and face strong opponents with equiped on the pokemon you want to raise and thats it you`ll have strong pokemon in no time

7. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Thats Me Right there.

What i do is For Every Gym leader theres those Gym Trainers right? Well Depending on there level i tend to have all my Pokemon atleast 3 / 5 Levels ahead of them (Also Depends on my Current Badge Bouderies)

So lets say im facing Brock. The Gym Trainers Pokemon are level 10. il go out and train all my Pokemon to lvl 13 / 15.

Now lets say i have the 1st Gym Badge (Max Lvl 20 Listens) and the Gym Trainers Pokemon are Lvl 16. il train all my Pokemon to Level 20.

Realy its just getting my Pokemon a few Levels Higher than the Trainers becuase the Gym leaders Pokemon wont be Too far off.

8. fatkid

fatkid New Member

i suggest leveling up to a good enough level in begining like Lv 30 till you get to third badge and than you won't need to worry even if you only go after trainers your pokemon will slowly lvl up and no one will be able to beat you in the game.

9. i normally level all pokemon to lvl 10 before the first gime 20 for the second and so on yeah its a long process but it helps alot

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...if you do get bored and rush it like I have many many times, I suggest focussing on 2 pokemon that serve you well...

The starter, a legendary (in current games you will encounter at least 1 before goig against the elite 4) and 1 as a back up, a pysic or a flying type...

I used to do speed runs like this, always helps...

If you want the proper way to start off, then take you time, and "lvl towards the challenge", normal trainers have low lvl's compared to gym leaders, and wild ones are just a prelude...if you vs a lvl pikachu for example, then aim for lvl 18 at least-but the leader could be even higher like 23...

So take my advice (which applies to catching ledgendary pokemon) ...WHEN IN DOUBT SAVE BEFORE YOU WALK IN THE MINE FIELD!
    Always works for me :)

11. rupertson009

rupertson009 Well-Known Member

Soma Bringer is the best level up game for DS in my opinion...

12. cutedj96

cutedj96 New Member

I'm not sure cuz I played only Emerald so the best thing to do there is too get the masterball catch rayquaza without using masterball if you can't just use you're most powerful pokemon (But we'll just still call it rayquaza to make things simpler) keep battling the Elite 4 even if you keep losing just go as far as you can without using any items to heal cuz ur bound to die so just keep going and going until you manage to beat the first guy then the next then the next untill you reach wallace. When you beat him you've finished the game but just keep defeating the Elite 4 until rayquaza reaches Lvl 100 then take amulet coin from your mom and Exp Share from somewhere i can't remember then put Rayquaza in front put a second pokemon behind you Equip Amulet coin to rayquaza and equip Exp share to The second pokemon and since rayquaza is lvl 100 all the exp goes to the pokemon with the Exp Share at the same time your money doubles up just make sure the pokemon you use are all yours so you can access battle frontier. When you defeat wallace as i've said earlier you've defeated the game so go to battle frontier equip rayquaza with the exp share and use the clone glitch to Multiply rayquaza and the Exp Share and once get 5 Exp Shares which is all you need anyway equip rayquaza with the masterball and multiply him then catch all the pokemon U want just spare 2 Master ball so you can multiply it again (the other one is for backup just in case you accidentally use the other one just keep it equiped to a pokemon at all times)

13. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Me..I leveled my pokemon 10 level each(yeah it's boring to get them leveled up).So,I stick with my system until it gets boring and tired,I used cheat.Yay!

14. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I've never used cheats for pokemon games just seems like a waste of time, I've been plating Platinum : Enhanced Edition recently and although I'm 5 hours in with a party of lvl 15 - 20, I still only have one badge and I'm currently having difficulty defeating the Team Galactic leader at the wind farm.

15. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Can't believe this wasn't already suggested... I have Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum and a ROM of Platinum... Here's the plan...

- Go find a wild version of the Pokémon you want to train and write down it's stats.
    - Go to Pokésav and perfectly replicate that wild Pokémon, it's nature, stats and whatnot, changing a few things like where you met it and just randomly plug in EVs (I generally put anywhere 10~20 for normal stats and 24 for the stat I feel most important).
    - Put said Pokémon, now mine, on my Platinum ROM and trade it to my real Platinum.
    - Viola, now you have the exact same Pokémon as you wanted. But it grows much faster. That's the only difference - it grows faster.

Simple stuff, perfect if you just want to level up the Pokémon really quickly yet don't want a hacked Pokémon. This way, you don't even need to bother with EV training if you don't actually want to, since you can just bump up your most desired stat to 31. Or, if you don't want to openly cheat like that, just infect the Pokémon with Pokérus. Pokésav is wonderful for shortening training time or for boosting the speed of your EV training - it's perfectly fine if you use it with discretion and common sense (ie. not bumping all IVs and EVs to their max - you're not Ash so you shouldn't have a hax'd Pikachu).

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

There's an exp multiplier for any of you that have a built-in AR in their flashcart.

I don't see how it grows faster persay, by replicating it on pokesav, unless you changed its level.
    Also, it's a pain to make one by scratch in pokesav. If you're not used to doing it, you could miss one of the fields (like country origin) and mess it up. If you're counting on the traded xp then you could just catch a wild pokemon in platinum, trade it to the ROM, change the Trainer ID and Secret ID to the ROM's IDs, and trade it back, and put a Lucky Egg on it.

Also, if it's a wild pokemon, the place met must be a valid place (and correct level) to actually find said pokemon, the PID and IVs have to match as well, type 1; "ability 1" for second ability, and "ability 2" for the first ability. So for a Luxray, Rivalry is the second ability if you look it up on serebii, but it is referred as Ability 1 in pokesav.

Type 1 stands for Normal NDS or GBA if you place your .pkm file over a legality checker.
    Type 2 stands for Non-event NDS or GBA. Stick with Type 1.
    Type 3, 4,...8 are all non NDS so don't pick any of those under the PID/IV generator in pokesav.

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Cheating for shinies is just fail, you will find a real one after a while

18. insanecrazy07

I never said anything about shinies.

All that stuff I mentioned was just on how to make a regular wild pokemon from scratch. My point was it is easier to just catch a wild pokemon than to do all of that work.

19. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

There is no work extensive involved. It's very basic, easy to do and a massive time saver. You're basically replicating wild Pokémon, but dramatically increasing their EXP gain without actually hacking anything. You don't need cheats, nor Lucky Eggs, nor Exp Shares, or anything in fact... All you need is a few pieces of info from a Wild Pokémon of your choice. It takes a few seconds to fill out the form - if something's wrong, the Pokémon's name will be written in Red on the main screen of Pokésav (so you know to go back in there and fix whatever's wrong).

20. insanecrazy07

I still don't see how it grows faster, if you're just editing its level or experience. There is no exp gain if you create a pokemon starting at level 50, instead of level 10. Just like with EVs, it doesn't grow faster if you put all 510 EVs in. There is no growing to be done. It's already done.

Again, to properly replicate a wild pokemon, you'll need a valid PID and using that PID generator isn't always the best route since a perfect 31 IV Adamant natured (for example) pokemon will come up in the PID generator in pokesav, but will trigger as invalid in a PID/IV generator.exe (meaning you hit 5, enter PID, and your IV values won't show up in the multiple results, likewise hitting 1, and entering all of the IVs and the nature will not come up with your PID) and invalid in the legality checker as well (most likely as Unknown GBA, Uncommon GBA, Rare GBA, Ultra Rare GBA etc.).

Also, when a pokemon's name is red, that usually means it is female, blue is male, green is neuter.
    If red truly meant invalid, then I would've noticed my male Dragonite (marked blue) missing a country of origin, or the language field as ENG. It took a legality checker to see that it was Unknown.

What I do for hatched pokemon is I leave one of my unused hatched Eevees that has been sitting in a box for awhile and use that as a template for creating another pokemon. It has all of the hex values of a hatched pokemon (D0, 07, 04) starting at 44h down to 46h, and all of the basic fields already filled in, with the exception of the pokemon, the name, nature, IVs, EVs, ability, held item and moveset. I usually make it level 60 or so. Then I spend a good 20 minutes finding a valid PID, starting with all IVs at 31, slowly decreasing them, keeping certain ones odd, certain ones even if I'm aiming for a specific Hidden Power, until I find a valid PID with the proper corresponding ability, and nature, and if I'm picky, gender. PID really only applies to wild pokemon, but I like having a valid PID in case I feel like making a wild pokemon (I usually make note of the good PIDs, like all 31 IV, except Atk, which is 11, Modest, Ability 1). Perfect for an Azelf.

Also, you'll have to cross reference the moveset, making sure that the moves that you put in are compatible. It would be obvious to the seasoned battler if you have two egg moves (or just one egg move) on a wild pokemon, or two egg moves that are impossible to have on one pokemon.

Also, wild pokemon have specific hex values, especially in the 85h field. I've seen 02, C0, D0, and a few others there. Knowing that, making it from scratch is difficult, and the only way to really discover the true value is to go out and catch the pokemon that you want.

And just for the sake of argument, just by using pokesav, anything you touch with pokesav is deemed hacked, whether it is blatantly hacked (shiny ho-ohs and whatnot) or more concealed.

If you really must cheat, use the xp modifier, I think it goes up to 16 or 32. One Elite Four run and you'll have it a decent level.

What I did is whenever I approached a gym, I would look up the boss's highest level, and edit my levels to roughly those, my starter being the highest, staraptor being second highest, etc. It's not fun anymore when you can OHKO with a 40 base power move.

The level adjustment wasn't TOO bad, I only had to adjust it by 2 each time. Most of my xp came from all of the annoying unavoidable trainers.

EDIT: My biggest annoyance is that when you do your first run through of the game, you end up with garbage EVs, so I fixed that. It makes a BIG difference having 252 EVs invested in Atk on a physical sweeper, than to have only 50 or so, and the rest in useless stats, for this example, SpA is useless on a physical sweeper.