1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AK2i broken spring?! Already?!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BlueSonikku, Mar 28, 2010.

1. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

I heard from KickGaming this morning. Looks like I just have to send it back and they will send me a new one *is a happy hedgie!* ;D

The only thing is I have to wait for the new one to get here which is a two week wait...but that's cool I got my M3i to keep me happy until then. Next time it happens though I'm going to take my chances on the YouTube fix...I'll let you know how it turns out if I ever do.

2. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

your mad man just send it back to them,i was going to have a dig at mine when it broke but i had an r4i v1.4 to tide me over until it came back so i sent it back to them .the thing is if you do prod it about and damage it you will not be able to get a new one out of them i looked and it didnt seem like it was able to be opened up at all it looks like a sealed unit.but as i say mine was exactly the same it wouldnt hold the micro sd in however hard you pushed it in and i could see a small piece of metsl clip inside the slot poking out.i did google it and there are other people who have had the same problem they should have made the slot like the r4 ones its a system that cannot go wrong ,a simple wedge fit.

3. BlueSonikku

Not mad just intuitive. I take my PS3 apart all the time to upgrade/fix things...I'm curious that way X3.

But I am sending this one back to have it replaced. I also asked if they could give me one of the newer cards sans spring slot, I'll see what they say.

If the little sucker breaks again though...I'm going to have to do some flash cart internal investigation ;)

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Spring?

Acekard 2.i's don't have springs in the SD card slot.

It'll be your ds if the card it's self keeps ejecting, in that case you'd need alot more than a simple replacement.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, the Acekard2i has a model that has a Spring loaded MicroSD slot. My Acekard2i has one. I did hear of one with out the spring loaded slot (probably due to mechanical failures like this).

6. BlueSonikku

That's true T. They call them the New Shell AK2i. They did away with the spring slot and went back to push and pull type.

I got one of the batches that has the spring loaded kind like you. So this is why I asked KickGaming if they could send me a New Shell type without the spring slot or it's just going to end up breaking again =P

7. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

nothing is wronge with my acekard2i and it dosen't have the spring personally i hate the srping cause u have the risk of it poping out and loseing ur sd card

8. BlueSonikku

I hate the spring system to, but I really had little choice when ordering it online between the new type cart and the old spring batch. I hope they will listen to my request and send me a new batch without the retarded spring.