1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Airplane construction

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by treec_cynda, Feb 17, 2012.

1. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Ok, so maybe some of you remember my...wait, how old is it? Anyway, maybe some of you remember my long-dead thread concerning plans to build an aircraft. I've decided how I'm going to build my plane, and I plan on the fuselage being able to fit in my driveway so I don't need to go to an airport or my friend's airstrip (yes, he owns one) to fly. So the parts I could use some help on are complicated stuff I won't be able to find on the Net, e.g. wing-length to stabilizer-length ratio, etc. (if that stuff even matters that much) So in that area, I can plz has help? I don't really care about speed or anything, I just care about it being aerodynamic.

Thanks for answers.

UPDATE: (2-17-12) Thanks Loony. Guys, if you're just gonna rant about FAA regulations and sh*t like that, please STFU. I don't want to hear that.

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm not happening. You need an airstrip to take off from, not just because its a massively long and completely straight patch of tarmac. There are hundreds of rules and regulations regarding airworthiness and flying without a pilot's license and FAA approval will get you arrested even if you don't cause an accident. Nothing you build will ever get an FAA airworthiness certificate.