1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Agree with Human Cloning?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by jakenero10, Dec 21, 2008.

1. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

What if there was a way to transfer your "self" into the new body?

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

There's that, but I don't want a squishy pink fleshbag for a body, dood.

Aside from that I've got anaemia and incredibly weak lungs so... I don't want that XD

3. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Lol! i didn't mean it quite so literally! If it were to happen I'd imagine genetic diseases would be wiped out and the human body will have been seriously modified.

4. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

This is an interesting topic. I read a book once, The House of the Scorpion, by Nancy Farmer, and it involved cloning. They used clones to replace their own body parts, but one incredibly rich man raised his clone like a real person (all clones are given a shot that destroys their brain at birth [through a cow's womb...] but the rich man paid them not to do it). It was a very good book about how the clone wanted to fit in. Society didn't except him.
    If you want to read this book at all, don't look at the spoiler, it gives away the end.

In the end, the clone escapes, and eventually comes back. Everybody died. The rich man had told them to drink a bottle of wine during his funeral, and all of the main members of his family died, so that the country would not have one of his family members as the leader.

In many respects this book could be what happens if we can have cloning technology.