1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Agree with Human Cloning?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by jakenero10, Dec 21, 2008.

1. aznpyromaniac406

aznpyromaniac406 Active Member

That actually depends on how pressured the clone is to do so. Although some clones will seek their own individuality and are inclined to kill his/her original right off the bat.

2. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

Stem cell research, sure. That could save lives.

But cloning whole human beings? For what? We're already overpopulated as it is and I don't see any use for clones. Waste of space and resources.

Kazuo Ishiguro's novel, Never Let Me Go, has a strong message against human cloning for organ farming.

3. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be that easy to kill me...
    Especially by someone who thinks like me...
    This is interesting o_o
    Anybody, clone me ! >.<

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well clone doesnt think like you unless they have the same memory and life experinces as you.

5. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Matters not, I'd like to have a clone ;D

6. blazergame

blazergame Well-Known Member

Its wayyy bad. If cloning were to succeed, soon the world would be taken over by nonhuman people.....

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

clones are completely human. Real cloning is not like the movies show it.

8. Oathlend

Oathlend Member

Cloning is something that should be banned and i will tell you why. They are now cloning ears, feet etc on animals so when need they can kill the animal and perform a transplant for the person. Also cloning is useless. For example if you clone a famous soccer player. The clone will not be good at first. The clone would have to go through everything the famous soccer player did to become good. And cloning would be like twins. Personality is diffrent

9. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

That's quite a narrow minded view. Why shouldn't we grow organs in animals? What difference does it make if a clone doesn't start off with the same abilities as an adult? A child doesn't.

10. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I heard of this some where, but not sure who told me it? I think I heard it on tv or something, but anyway, good point in the end. That settles my discision on something thats been on my mind for the past days... I'm gonna call some old friend up.

11. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

a man makes his own paradise... it means that we are our masters, if we think that cloning is beneficial to mankind, then yes, if used to create diseases, then no... simple as that.

12. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't agree with it. Humans reproduce to make humans, it'll probably lead to wars involving clones, because they 'won't matter' to the scientists

13. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

nope, clones might try to get rid of the originals and i wouldn't want myself to bump me off.

14. mindy1600

mindy1600 New Member

If God wanted to clone people, He would have done so Himself. That's all I have to say about that..

15. Huskeymusher

Huskeymusher New Member

Yeah but thats still kinda perverted but a good idea

16. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

If God wanted to cure cancer, he would've done so Himself. SNAP!

I don't see the point of creating fully-sized, fully-aged human clones of people. Growing spare body parts I can see, but as awesome as it would be to have a second Angelina Jolie, what good will it do for humanity in the long run?

17. gaynorvader

There is another benefit; finding and curing genetic diseases.

18. MessoMesso

Yes, but a full fledged Angelina Jolie II? Whenever the general population thinks of human cloning, they probably think of The Fifth Day, The Island, or something like that, instead of just taking a sample of some guy's heart tissue and cultivating it.

19. gaynorvader

mhm true, but even then, you could make a fully grown patient with some genetic disease at different ages to see how it progresses, what to look out for, etc. Of course that raises all sorts of ethical questions. And then there's the idea you could have a backup of yourself in case you die.

20. MessoMesso

Ohhh, now I see what you were getting it. And crap... that is a hard question. I guess I would go for it if the clone was allowed to live happily...

It's just a copy of yourself. A copy is still an individual being. Have you ever seen The Fifth Day, near the end? The clone of that old guy was released prematurely and the "original" old guy was still alive? THe clone is still a separate being. Identical, but separate. Like twins. Of course that's just my reason of going for an impervious mechanical shell to hold my brain instead of a clone to ensure my immortality, I don't know what everyone else thinks XD