1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Agree with Human Cloning?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by jakenero10, Dec 21, 2008.

1. jakenero10

jakenero10 Well-Known Member

Human Cloning, is it bad is it good i mean its been done on animals but the results were kinda bad cuz clones have a shorter or decreased life span than Normal offspring organisms.

But still do you agree? i do he he :D :D :D

2. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

If they correct all the cloning errors and test it out on a primeape and if all goes well.And yeah I agree with human cloning.

3. jakenero10

yeah i think so.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I absolutely agree with human cloning, that way I can have a copy of this girl I really like but is already spoken for. I'll just beg for a sample of her DNA & she'll never be bothered by me again ;)

But that's only in the far off future, if at all the technology gets there. Currently to clone someone still relies on natures methods, sure we play around with an ovum's DNA structure so we can create a clone, but it still needs to gestate inside a womb, develop & grow. When the time comes when we can safely make clones without any unseen problem arising. And the whole process only involves just placing a sample of DNA into something like a Microwave oven then set the precise age we want the clone to come out. That would probably THE happiest day in my life ;D

5. ThisIsTheUsername

ThisIsTheUsername Active Member

Yes but then the clone's mind would be 'empty'. It would also be necessary to upload memories into the brain. At least basic stuff like body coordination, otherwise clone would be like plant, just breathing.

6. jakenero10

Actually that's kinda like a good idea :D

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Problems with that:
    1- Birth- Something has to grow it
    2- Age- It would be born as a 'normal person' would be
    3- Growing- Different enviroments and random factors affect what they would end up like, so they wouldn't be the same
    4- Society- Would a clone ever be fully accepted in society?
    5- Free will- Their view on people can't be controlled
    6- Rights- Their rights are important
    7- Safety- There could be health and safety problems...
    E.T.C
    Cloning isn't realistic in common perceptions...

8. ultra

ultra Guest

what would be the purpose of having to clone yourself?

9. 7eight9

7eight9 New Member

One main reason is to use it for spare body parts... which is pretty messed up.

10. ultra

ultra Guest

you can't do that! the clone is now a being and has rights.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I forgot about that...

Ofcourse you "program" your clone's memories, how then will it serve it's function to replace the girl I couldn't have because some jerk got to her first :p

Basically program only vital memories like who she is, who I am, that we're very much in love etcetera.

There was a movie about that, I think the title was "The Island".

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Did you completely ignore my post? You wouldn't even be able to program thoughts into a person anyway!

13. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I agree with human cloning, but I've seen the movie "The Island" and kinda worry about it. Would the clone be harvested for organs or would he ( or should I say "it"? The oppression has already started! Oh no! ) be sent to fight our wars? Personally, I don't agree with cloning as much as I do genetic modification, because both can be used to cure diseases and I believe that cloning would be abused to no end if we allowed it to happen.

14. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

We need not question the majority of the public's reaction. It will be somewhere along the lines of "We are infringing God's right/ Playing God/ etc.". The current stage of cloning (i.e. stem cell research) already has the potential to save a lot of lives if used correctly, and so I think it should be allowed. Further implementations are not YET within our grasp (such as cloning without gestation, etc.) and so we must not get ahead of ourselves here and focus on the current problems at hand.

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well... I think using stem cells when the fertilised egg is at a low stage and therefore not a living creature just an organism is fine. But when the fetus develops a brain and it's nerves that I think is wrong because then it feels things. So I disagree with harvesting and bad treatment of clones as they feel things. Fsck the religious complainers, they don't have to take part in it, just like we let them do their terrible traditions, no double standards!

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

no, it wont be completly empty, it will have no memory like a baby, but most of the body function is already in place, unless that clone doesnt have a brain.

nope, actually that is the main goal of clonining, clone organ whenever it is needed, so when you need a heart, you dont need wait for a donor, just couple of you DNA and you dont need to worry about Transplant rejection.

sooner or later we will have the technology to overcome all that problem, so a cloning machine that can growth (or rather make) a human from couple of DNA in the matter of hours isnt totally impossible in the future.....

as in social only religios people would oppose cloning since we are playing god, but if by playing god we can gain imortality (live through clone, after clone) and save life, why not? not to mention if god somehow allow us to discover the technology to play god, then god is allow us to play as god isnt he? If god allow us to play as god, then who are you to said is wrong to play as god.

as for right, they might make couple of differ right for differ types of clone, like clone form cloning for pleasure will have differ rights then clone from cloning for imortality. Cloning for pleasure might sound immoral and inhuman, but if someone cant find his or her better half, whats wrong if he or she decide to make the better half, its better then having a robot isnt i'm right?

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I guess you didn't read deeper into what I posted earlier. Perhaps in the future cloning technology can be performed without the growth stage. Just like baking cookies, you mix the ingredients of your clone up & bake for what age & stage you want the clone to be when the process is done.

Don't you guys watch sci-fi movies? Atleast you guys know some Animes right. They may be fictitious but the general ideas they present maybe someday be concidered science fact.

Take for example the Matrix, I got my idea of programming one's memories from there.

18. jakenero10

To have a back up copy he he.... :D

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Instead of making a HUGE double quote in my post i'll just say acknowledging Cahos's and Calvin's posts:
    The rights just for pleasure clones should be the same as all life's rights, just change how they think and then they won't go away and would like to have sex with you, but imagine the people who like bondage taking their pleasure to the next level that they even start decapitating and killing clones for their own sexual fetishes, it would be horrible, all life has rights...
    And think if they were treat badly there could be a war and they have the ability to clone themselves a for the clone side while the originals if cloned would be clones so they would feel for the clones...
    Life isn't dispensable... ;_;

And yeah, I watch some Anime and they treat clones like we would probably treat them; as lesser people. Even though eventually they become accepted life isn't a story...

And to cut out the growth process could mean that ageing would be a problem with the life form, I think bad homicides could happen if there were clones, not just to the clones but also to the originals...

Also think about identity theft while we are at it, we won't be so 'unique' anymore...

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It's really strange CJ, both our points of view are paradoxic, if that's the correct term.

You're an ardent Atheist, so such things like the value of life & every living thing has rights shouldn't be that important to you. I see Atheists as these people who see life as it is, you live then you die, everything else you did in your lifetime isn't that important & being spiritual is worthless. Yet you value others' lives.

I on the other hand am religious, though I don't conform to any one religion so things like the value of life & rights should be important to me. But the thing is, I'm not like that, I believe in the sick idea of sacrificing someone or something for the betterment of others. To hell if it's un ethical or if killing is wrong if it can improve my life.

And yeah, I have a sick fascination with death, I never get urked if I see someone on the news dying or if mass deaths occurs. Too be honest I wish I personally witness the end of the world & be among the billions dying in one fell swoop of fate.