1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Addicted to Video Games or Social Media?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by garychencool, Feb 3, 2011.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No one does, just some of us IE me are stupid enough to do so.

Also...you do...eat in between...right?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

of course, you cant dismember necromorphs with an empty stomach.

3. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I read this post right after playing Warcraft.
    I would say that I am slightly addicted to video games.
    But I DO know when to quit and hit the books.

4. oilrigrace

oilrigrace New Member

video game addiction definitely.
    facebook addiction doesnt do much harm to people imo, cause youre relating to them and communicating, most always end in meet ups and personal confrontations.
    video game addiction or mmo's are FAR worse.
    dropped outta high school for 2 years cause of this and am currently suffering the consequences
    to those who crank their consoles or pc's for 8+ hours i suggest decreasing your daily playtime. thats where i started and I kept telling myself "wtf are these elders crazy about i STILL go to school".
    if only i could turn back time... oh well just gotta live it

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

What about the kids and pets that have died because their parents/owners were spending all their time on facebook and not tending to the needs of those that were dependent on them?

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Sometimes they even kill their children. Not just neglecting them.

7. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Pretty much of your addicted to video games you don't outside and start killing everybody in real life.But like loonylion stated
    so being addicted to social media is worse.

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

A lot of the stories I've read are about people killing their newborns while playing farmville.

9. oilrigrace

oilrigrace New Member

those who claim that violent video games cause sadistic personalities are absurdly wrong. those who do tend to be violent are in a way mentally challenged. good point though LL, but this may apply to video game addiction too cause if I remember correctly there was a topic here back then about a gamer who beat his own child to death because it apparently disturbed him while he was intensely competing for a high score or something.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, children and animals have died because their parents/owners were addicted to video games as well. I was simply refuting your statement that social media addiction is harmless.

11. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Parents appeal to social media way more than video games.

12. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

I don't think we can blame either or.
    The blame rests solely on the parents/pet owners who are so stupid as to let these things happen.
    I say tie them to a tree in a forest, and cover them in honey.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can't always blame the parents, I know I can't blame mine, mine imposed gaming restrictions...just the experiences we had (mostly them being assholes, to each other and us because their emotions are fucked) kept the gaming blood high, thus me and my brother are game addicts.

As for social media, brother doesnt care for it, I use it just to vent my daily rage...I never felt happier ranting to my parents anyway considering what I rant about is usually their fault.

(On second thought maybe parents are to blame :p )

14. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

I was talking about the parents/pet owners, who let their kids/pets die or suffer in any way due to their neglect.

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to PHP :p

But when I need to choose......games for me? I"m not really that great into MSN and Facebook or something.

I only come on Facebook for the news....but not regulary (my chat client takes care of both Facebook and MSN).