1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.9.0 and Other Issues Guide

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jan 20, 2011.

1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Format your card using the Panasonic SD Formatter and repeat the process.

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

just hoping a update floats out for this card soon, i might be able to get one >__>

3. PhoenixWright88

PhoenixWright88 New Member

I used the Panasonic SD Formatter and it didn't work. I used Quick Format. Am I supposed to use the other one?

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

updated OP with the new 3DS firmware update 4.2 fix

5. salkj1

salkj1 Member

No i am not using cheats i am having the same problem as phoenix

6. salkj1

salkj1 Member

i went back to akaio 1.8.9 still ran no DS game, but it did run my gba roms

7. PhoenixWright88

PhoenixWright88 New Member

It still isn't working. If I go back to AKAIO 1.8.9, it won't work. But if I go back to 1.8.6, it works.

8. Devilkid32176

may i ask, what has happened to akaio/acekard? i mean no updates, not even mention of an update for the latest 3ds firmware, have they been beaten?

i mean they are very good with their stuff but im just wondering about them though :)

9. iluvfupaburgers

its out, it can be found on OP or acekard site

10. Devilkid32176

wait, what o_O for the latest 4.2.0-9U 3ds firmware?

11. iluvfupaburgers

yes

12. Devilkid32176

ok, im stumped >__> i read in the latest news for the official firmware of the ak2i says its for the 4.2 3ds firmware, so idk where to look for the 4.2.0-9U is :(

13. Kehoe92

Kehoe92 New Member

Hey i'm farely new flash carts and emulation. so I went ahead and bought and acekard 2i and downloaded the latest firmware and loaders for it. now I can play the new super mario bros game but the option to save my file just isn't there. I have tried four other versions and links and still have the same problem. i'm in europe so i'm getting games with ~(E)etc. in the title. any help would be really appreciated.

14. ngood77

ngood77 New Member

Updated - I have now resolved this by a) doing a Full SD cart format, and b) running the 1.9.0 kernel, phew

Hi all,

New poster here, so bear with me. I have spent the past hour trying to resolve my issue to no avail, so hoping you can help. I have two DSis, one at v1.4.4E and one at 1.4.1E. I am trying to use the 1.4.1E DSi to update our Acekard 2i firmware to 1.4.4 so that the Ak2i can be used on the v1.4.4E DSi. This is what I have done so far :-

- Formatted the SD card using Panasonic SD Formatter v3.0
    - Run the Acekard 1.8.9z kernel update program, to load all the correct root files to the Ak2i
    - Downloaded the correct 1.4.4 firmware file .nds and added to the root directory of the SD card
    - Run the Ak2i on the v1.4.1E DSi
    - Clicked on the .nds firmware update file
    - I successfully get the blue screen that says to press Start to begin the update
    - I press Start but nothing happens, the update does not begin

Any ideas ?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Your problem is an easy fix.
    Please read the instructions on the patch carefully.

Once loaded, eject the card fully (take it out of the DS and then put it back in) and then press Start.
    I'm presuming you haven't done that, or your not doing it properly.

16. Devilkid32176

hey Aeither, just the person i wanted to see, i got ahold of a acekard and was trying this, but problem is it says my chip in the card is not supported, so let me ask, what versions of the cart can be upgraded?

Edit: nvm, i figured out what i did wrong >__> i didnt have the latest firmware on it, its working now, sorry :(

ok, got it to work once with it and now, i had to restart my system and now it freezes when trying to load into the acekard, did it brick by chance??

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Got a few problems eh?
    I had a good little tutorial around on this forum somewhere... meh. I'll make it again.

1. Format your MicroSD Card using the Panasonic SD Card Formatter 3.1
    2. Download the latest AK-AIO
    3. Download the Acekard 2i 3DS 4.2 Patch
    4. Copy the new AKAIO and patch file to your SD
    5. Run the card on a DS (Lite)
    6. Run the patch file. Follow the prompts carefully.
    7. Turn of you DS once done. Now run your card on a DSi (XL) or 3DS

18. Devilkid32176

ok aeither, dumb me i bricked it somehow >__> but i figured out how to debrick it with another flashcart and the latest acekard update :)

19. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Good job.

20. Devilkid32176

hmm, sad i cant get into the shop on my 3ds but im happy i got my acekard to finally work, i wonder if "big N" will block them as soon as they release another update >_> which is kinda sad on their part