1. This forum is in read-only mode.

About Xbox Live and Piracy

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by SoulSin, Dec 7, 2010.

1. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Three questions:

1- Can I access the live to purchase and download XBLA games with a modded console?
    (big emphasis to the Xbox Live arcade part, I HAVE NO INTEREST ON PLAYING MULTYPLAYER ONLINE)

2- And game expansions?

3- I did a quick check up on Xboxlive.com and I can't find some old games in the list. Games like Megaman 9 or Ikaruga can't be purchased anymore?

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

If you go online with a modded console, it's going to be banned regardless of whether you play any multiplayer with it.

You can get the content from other places though. Some people have found ways to let you play the content on a modded console without ever going online. I can give you the website if you're interested in that.

Megaman 9 and Ikaruga should still be up. I can't check myself since my box is at home and I won't be back there till the weekend but content doesn't generally disappear from the marketplace.

3. SoulSin

Please do. I would enjoy it.

Besides I am having a lot of different information here. A friend uses Xbox for 4 years already and he afirms that you can't get banned unless you do something stupid as playing a p. game online.
    oh well.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you just get banned if you play or use online features. not immediately but they do. microsoft usually does an yearly massive ban to people that have this. it is usually done by new and obligatory updates to the firmware

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

www.xbox360iso.com

You need to make an account to actually look at most of it, but they do have the content.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That is a very nice site for content. If I had a modded XBOX, it would be useful. Also, their sister sites are just any console with an ISO.com after the console name. Like Wiiso.com or PS3ISO.com, etc.

7. SoulSin

Guess that instructions for installing is also there right?
    Gonna give it a go. Thx for the help :D

EDIT: Lol... even following the methods, I still need to connect to the xbox live to play (which is kinda obvious since I am not the original person that downloaded the file).
    In the end it's like playing online... not worth the risk.

But..... "using online features" also includes buying games in the XBLA? I wonder if I will get banned by buying a game legally =/

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if your Xbox is banned, you are not able to connect to Xbox Live for anything, be it the market place or to play online games.

9. mist3rshizzle

mist3rshizzle Member

what game REQUIRES you to go online?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you download a game from Xbox Live to play on an Xbox that isn't the original Xbox you downloaded it to, I believe you have to log on to your gamertag to play.

11. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Correct, my cousin got one of his banned. You can still play your games, but you can't go online at all, or use any online features that a game may have.

12. iluvfupaburgers

lol, that is what he said, you are basically correcting him for the same thing you are saying??

13. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Im not correcting him, Im agreeing with him and adding a statement that I know of where this happened.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You'd be lying if you said you never did the same.

15. iluvfupaburgers

I....havent ::)

16. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I guess that for those downloaded DLCs need a Jtagged console or am I wrong?