1. This forum is in read-only mode.

About "The Interview" movie

Discussion in 'General News' started by 2DamCerius, Dec 20, 2014.

1. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

[​IMG]

Well I know this motion picture is well under wraps due to it being a parody about the infamous North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un. I didn't get how north korean hackers wanted this to be canceled. I find it just like any other comedy flick about the world I live in. It seems that Sony will not present it in theaters, and all the merrier the production has gone to waste...how does Sony pay off the actors, staff, and stunt people?

The United States calls it a cyberattack because of what hackers did to Sony servers and spread numerous emails and messages to movie producers. Both sides try to agree with a mutual answer as to who is to blame for this motive. As long as the Koreans and Americans are cooperating Kim won't push the button this time.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I honestly dont believe the north korean state is responsible for this cyberattack, and the US are going a bit far to call it an attack on the US. It's an attack on a private company. While sony is a huge corporation, there are far more valuable targets for state sponsored cyberwarfare, so it makes little sense for north korea as a nation to attack sony.

3. 2DamCerius

Even though the FBI directly found links to other kinds of hacking techniques that started a while back, the sources lead to the same group of people. I can see what you mean though if there is another card player out there who poses a threat by getting into sensitive servers, it doesn't seem like something the real N. Koreans would bother with. It probably is someone else behind the attacks one way or another, but as I only used a few sources the group the FBI found responsible is named, "The Guardians of Peace."

I can't see why not because sony is within business practices inside the US making it a valuable target to get into monetary gains and not just information that could be used against the government. I understand that Sony is not regulated by the government but having it on its territory the US has to take precautions. Much of this controversy has gotten the president involved because it did go on an international scale. I personally have no idea how this hurts the economy statewise, but if a corporate as big as Sony has headquarters in countries like US and something leaks through a RSS feed, I would dare call that 'spying.' Sort of from a distance, more like it.

I think it does because the US made fun of them. I know that sounds childish but it appears to me that N. Korea has a very passionate past.

4. Loonylion

Sony does not equal the US, it's a Japanese company. Regardless, a private corporation is not a worthwhile target for a nation state. A public utility company might be, but a private company such as Sony is not. Sony is not a government contractor, it has no significant links with the US government other than paying (or avoiding, as the case may be) taxes to them and should not be in possession of any information that may be valuable to enemies of the US government.

5. 2DamCerius

I forgot about Sony being originally made overseas, yet they remain one of the biggest producers of goods out there.

But even though it remains private the movie itself goes to public utilities, correct me if that is not the case. Since the business entity itself is wholly private, the goods they end up selling to the masses end up being stored on shelves, shipped to various cargoes, and basically presented in conventions to the public. I am getting iffy on what effect some private sectors are capable of since both public and private utilities need each other one way or another. Unless the private ones own everything, that would suck. So my main concern is, what will happen as soon as (theoretically per se) this movie did get aired on theaters?

All very true, and yet it still remains a question in my mind if a corporate (or any corporate, for that matter) would tap into a governments database. Without the consent of national security, the citizens get hurt to most. Which brings up my other question, as to why the N. Koreans have been making all these idle threats towards the US.

6. Loonylion

you're confused on what constitutes a public utility. companies providing things like electricity, water, sewage, telecoms services are public utilities.

7. 2DamCerius

Point taken, thank you.