1. This forum is in read-only mode.

about onemanga.com and romulation

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by kryz, Aug 1, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

sorry about that and i dont know what that means and i got to say do buy you them all or not read them at all ace101

2. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

English. Learn it.

Now Ace101, as for your copyright statement. I myself am not 100% sure on the details but I do know that anything you own digitally be it games, movies, or music, you are entitled to a Back up copy of said item. Say I own HeartGold but I don't want to risk damaging it, I can make a backup copy and play that while my original Hg stays in its case. However, as soon as HG leaves my possession, I sell it or it breaks or what have you, I am to delete said backup copy. If I do not, then that would be breaking the law.

3. j c 2000

so you brought every game you have on your flashcart or did you play a 3 hour demo lol and i know english check it again

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. But even if you own it, downloading it is illegal.

For a fact, I mainly read manga that I get from the library. I don't like reading it online at all.

I still only get half of that... :p

5. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

the issue here is... why now???

WHY NOW!????????

6. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I heard the copyright laws changed.
    It's no longer piracy as it is Counterfeit.
    So even having a backup is illegal.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that's what ACTA is trying to do, but it's going to be at odds with the vast majority of existing laws which allow you to make a single backup for your own use, no matter what the software vendor says.

8. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

well... answer me damn it!??!?!

why now!?!??!?!

9. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Hell, why so desperate to an answer? OneManga's cleanup should have started on Sunday. Seeing it as a weekend they moved it to Aug 2.

www.1000manga.com

It's an affiliate, BTW.

10. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

CRAP... why are they doing this now? the internet has been around for eons... so is with the pirated stuff... why stop them just now?

11. CrashmanX

Are you stupid or something? We said it, Piracy. Also the internet hasnt been around for Eons. Its been around for barely 30-40 years.
    Piracy is at an all time high.

Manga Publishers need to make money so their shutting down scanlators hoping that causes people to not to upload Raws for the sole purpose of Scanlation.

DS Roms are currently the most pirated thing. Its easier to pirate things for DS than for Wii, 360 or PS3. Nintendo is quite mad that their losing so much money over them. If I started taking 50% of everyone of your paychecks you'd get quite mad as well wouldnt you? You'd find some way to stop me, thats what Nintendo is doing.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You obviously don't know what piracy is do you?...

Even if they are losing money, it doesn't mean that it's due to piracy. These are hard times for many people and buying video games is on the bottom of their list...

13. j c 2000

crashmanx what if you were very rich and you got 50 millon from your 450 millon taking away would that matter. And look how much nintendo really has. Revenue ▲ ¥1.43 trillion / $15,755,480,894.44 (2010)[4]
    Operating income ▲ ¥555.263 billion / $6,117,597,301.89 (2009)[5]
    Net income ▲ ¥229 billion / $2,523,070,032.55 (2010)[4]
    Total assets ▲ ¥1.8 trillion / $19,831,519,302.50 (2009)[5]

14. CrashmanX

I'd want that 50 million. Do you have any idea what I can do with that money? I could make hundreds of new games and profit from them. I could donate it to charity and take it off my taxes. You don't understand money do you. You don't understand how a company works do you? Every time you pirate something rather than buying, your stealing money from someone. Even if its only a penny from 100 people its still money, now multiply that penny for every person who pirates, thats Hundreds of Thousands, no, Millions of dollars lost. Its not acceptable at all, but guess what, we still do it. While I may be a pirate, I try to buy games and support companies when ever I can. That way things like this don't happen.

15. j c 2000

well said