1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A World of Difference with the Acekard

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by dancubs, Oct 2, 2010.

1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Which forum? It's hard to think that the Acekard is a Supercard DS clone. Acekard goes waaaaay back. Whichever of the two came first, I'm sure none of them are clones of each other.

2. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

i know but i was curios though cause u know some one said it coudve3 been a noob

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

First of all, the Acekard is NOT a Supercard clone.

Now, Acekard 2.1/2i is good. Although it took months for normmatt to release AKAIO 1.8.0, he did release it with a quick update to fix other games too. For $10 to $12, it isn't a bad deal if all you want to do is play DS games.

The Supercard DSTwo is indisputably better though. It has superb, 100% compatibility with every clean release. Its presentation is sleek and looks better than any other cart to date. It has many plug ins made for it that allow it to do things that the rest of have to stock up on unreliable DS homebrew to use, and can still do things other carts can't while performing other functions better. With its GBA emulator with great compatibility and speed, and its SNES emulator that far surpasses any homebrew SNES emulator for the DS to date, it already surpasses other carts that at the very least, require a Slot 2 device.

In short; the Acekard 2.1/2i is a fantastic cart for those that only want DS games and don't mind the fact that there may be potentially large gaps of time where they have to wait for updates and will need patches to get new stuff working. For its price, you really can't complain though. You do get plenty for the small price. The DSTwo is superior in pretty much every possible aspect though, and the price is lowering little by little as time goes on. I'm actually almost out of reasons to consider suggesting the Acekard over the DSTwo.

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Acekard is like 50 bucks here. Rip offs. But seriously, as long as a cart can do its purpose then it's not a 'useless cart'

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Nathan is correct, although so far the Acekard hasn't failed me with any game that i've wanted to play.

6. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

i just tried my mates acekard 2i and he has a custom theme that wipes the floor with any ive seen with the dstwo supercard (its animated flames and others) could u get something like that for dstwo

7. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

Acekard ftw, and I also own a SCDS2.