1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a thread for foreign languages

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bhatooth, May 5, 2008.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then what's the difference between it and the rest of the forum?

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

its free of the translation rule

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I APPROVE OF THIS IDEA :)

4. bhatooth

hehe i think this is going to be great any one except clyffe and kamage with me?

5. Loonylion

but you said in a previous post no foreign languages allowed?

6. bhatooth

no i mean its a free no foreign language rule

7. Loonylion

then the issue is we can't moderate it. This isn't really going anywhere.

8. bhatooth

ow maybe someday this will be approved

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

As I've said this separate foreign language section is a bad idea as it will cause separatism & elitism, my idea was better, 'cause if you so choose to go to your chapter Forum, you'll have a set of Admins/moderators that will control things, and you would be free from the need for translations as there are admins/moderators assigned to that. And I've thought it through loony, separatism & elitism will not happen in this idea of mine, as people who go to their respective chapter forums will sooner or later be encouraged to join the mother forum, as each chapter will enforce the same set of rules & ideals, meaning each chapter will foster RomUlation's ideals of being a friendly accepting community

Infact this could also serve as a stepping stone for others to join the mother forum, first acquaint people on your home turf, then send them off into the bigger community. I've noticed that a big reason people are reluctant to join the forum is the "use of proper English rule". For people who can't write/speak good enough english this rule is scaring them, & with "you know who" burning people for bad english adding to the fear factor..

So anyway, if they get well acquainted with their chapter, what's going to stop them from joining the mother chapter, but to encourage people to post more & become an active forum person, why not ease up on proper english rule, let people speak/write as good (meaning understandable) english as they can, but I do agree on not using SMS short hand though as this can help people improve their english competencies

10. bhatooth

but cahos what you think is not what exactly will happen what if because of that many members will be active members cause not everybody is good at english

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I understand your point but as loony said an unsupervised (by the current admins/moderators) section can be abused, you could be cursing the admins, moderators or any other member with out them knowing, this is an example of what loony says is an abuse of a forum section. And flame wars in foreign languages is also an example, you could have been beating each others' faces in with words & the Admins/moderators are un aware of it

12. Loonylion

we don't penalise people for bad english, we penalise them for lazy english and/or SMS, leet etc.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

But a "certain you know who does", & a lot of people are pissed at him for that, not me though 'cause I like "Snape" to look after my English as it helps me improve

14. bhatooth

no why would we knock them in there back? and everybody in that thread can say that to the proper mod

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes, but only if someone did

16. bhatooth

yes someone will the mod that is assigned to that chapter that know the chapters language

17. iceredaph32

iceredaph32 Well-Known Member

then what if I'm the only one with a certain nationality then I would feel left out right

18. bhatooth

kinda but you can always go to other chapter you know how to speak

19. iceredaph32

iceredaph32 Well-Known Member

but then It would be lonely if only 2 or 3 of you are the only ones talking

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Exactly, bhatooth's idea surely will cause elitistism & alienation