1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A new, FASTER, Internet browser!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 32BitPwns, Sep 3, 2008.

1. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I don't know why would they want to own this very post, but, whatever. :p

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Thanks Seph for the heads up.
    Maybe I should actually read those from now on.

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I don't care if they own this post or the other one, everything important I post will be done through Firefox from now on.

What would they win with it?

4. Patton

Patton Guest

I like the browser,
    BUT, I am a Firefox fanboy.

I do not want Google taking over the world -- sorry.

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Update: It was a copy & paste mistake, apparently, and the offending language is being removed as we speak. Thanks, Googe!

Apparently, Google just copy and pasted the EULA from some other product.

http://howto.helpero.com/howto/Speed-Up-Firefox_31.html

I bet Firefox is faster now. The only reason why it was "slower", was because it displays the webpage after downloading enough info. With these tweaks, the info will be displayed immediately. It makes a big difference. Or something.

6. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Google Chrome:
    - It's as fast as fucking Dragonforce. I shit you not.
    - It opens like it's the intro to "Through the Fire and the Flames" too.
    - It uses very little resources, we're talking 2/5 - 1/2 of what Firefox does. Fucking hardcore (like Dragonforce).
    - It lacks add-ons that I love in Firefox. I'm sure these will come, and when they do, I plan on making the switch completely.
    - INCOGNITO MODE. Plus, the humor. I mean, the humor on the blank incognito tab is fucking hilarious already.
    - Instable flash, I notice. I assume this will be fixed, as it's the first bloody BETA release. SO STOP THE BITCHING.

I was using Chrome as my default browser but I do love my flash (youtube videos) but I went back to Firefox. I plan on switching back to Chrome once Chrome gets noscript, ad-block, or other equivalents. Once Chrome's community grows and it's not a day into the first BETA, I can see this thing raping Firefox.

For now though, Firefox still.

7. err

err Well-Known Member

Well it still doesn't run on my computer. But it's not like I'm missing anything, right?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter how slow your internet connection is, it should still go faster anyway. Not really, at the moment :p

9. BouncinBrad

BouncinBrad Member

I'm using Google Chrome at the moment and yes its very fast even though I've got dial up speed because my usage is finish =3 ...
    If there is any update on Google Chrome, Ill see how it progresses and depending on how it does Ill decide whether ill continue to use it or not.

10. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

That's completely irrelevant.

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, properly tried it yet, it doesn't seem to be any faster, still very buggy, like when I hit enter on a link, it sometimes doesn't work, but it's a good start.

12. Reemr

Reemr Well-Known Member

Just when I started reading your post "Dawn of a New World" by Dragonforce just started playing. Good job sir.