1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A Good NDS RPG Game?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bobafett1136, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ryuhosuke

ryuhosuke New Member

Well depending on your taste and the flow of your game if you like traditional stuff try final fantasy, DQ series
    if you want tactics style, then try final fantasy tactics, disgea,
    Zelda series are great
    old style like elves and orcs give some flavour but you can figure it out
    Phantasy star is also a good try.

2. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy 3....

3. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying Shin Megami's Devil Survivor and The World ends with you.. (I am a huge Zelda fan though too) As far as Final Fantasy Games goes I like Tactics but FF 4 is interesting so far.

The Devil Survivor game I think has a really great story and there's these COMP's which look juts like a Nintendo DS lite and you use it to summon these demons that fight with you and you can buy more demons and use this thing called Fusion to fuse 2 demons together and form new more powerful ones... the story pretty much is like something is happening and in 7 days everyone is going to die. As the main character you see people's Death Clock's... When you start off you have like 0 days to live and you and your friends have to change your fate... It's really interesting and now I want to play all Shin Megami games.. I think a new one is coming out Next year, yay!

Anyways you should try it... I have a short attention span and now with soo many roms on my Acekard its even worse and this game really holds my interest. It's great and I can't say enough good things about it... Try it!!! :)

4. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HATE.

THIS IS WHAT I LIKE. It is much more informative to give information about the game and whether or not you think i'll enjoy it. I'm not going to waste points on games that don't really interest me or don't seem interesting according to their descriptions. I'll try out shin megami now..

:p

Boba

5. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Well I'm not sure if this counts as an RPG but I sure like LEGO games.
    The games are fun and funNY.

6. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

let me know how you like it :)

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Some of the games suggested are so small you don't need points to download them you know :p

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I find those kinds of posts to be a waste of time, and trusting their judgment to download a game just because they said so is also a waste of time (and possibly points). To me, the time wasted is more valuable than the points.

Final Fantasy III is okay, except that it felt like I was playing Animal Crossing styled people, with swords, and magic. There was a point in the game that I HATED because my entire party was turned into frogs or something stupid (even more stupid is that you HAVE to be hexed to proceed), and shortly after, I stopped playing. They kinda did away with the cartoony look in Final Fantasy IV. Now if only there were a Final Fantasy VI coming out...

9. GhanaChris

hhrrm, I'n searching for an RPG, in which you don't have more than 1 Charcater to play with... Like, I just want to play just alone and not with many TeamCharacaters. Is there any? Just like Phantasy Star 0...

10. teheezin

teheezin Guest

As for JRPG I really loves Suikoden Tierkreis it's a good game pact with 108 recruit-able characters and the story are well told..

11. bobafett1136

What's a JRPG?

12. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Japanese Role Playing Game? Final Fantasy is one of em.

13. bobafett1136

Oh thought it was something else. So a JRPG is an RPG made in Japan or is Japanese. KL KL. That would classify 80% of RPG's Japanese.

100TH POST! :) ;) ;D

14. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

well, there are much of RPG games in NDS...

final fantasy series are the best... but i really like suikoden trierkeris too, although it has different game type that other suikoden i've ever played...

for playing it one character only, try kingdom hearts... even though sometimes there will be more that one character throughout the game

15. eildus

eildus Active Member

Well as far as
    Megaman Star Force series I'd say. First one is pretty good(besides the fact that I'm stuck forever). Heard the 2nd game wasn't so good, but oh well.

From the Abyss also comes to mind.

16. GhanaChris

Yeah, thanks! "From the Abyss" is great, Megaman, too! Yaayy! :p

17. gamblore101

gamblore101 Well-Known Member

final fantasy series, kingdom hearts, sand of destruction, and theres probably more

18. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Sands of Destruction is overrated.

Played it, halfway through the game until the cheating last boss is full of fail.

This is what I would recommend:

Glory of Heracles
    Disgaea
    Final Fantasy III and IV
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    TWEWY
    Phantasy Star Zero
    Chrono Trigger
    Dragon Quest IV
    Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest's gameplay isn't that great but the story plot is the best.

19. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

• Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Sands of Destruction
    • Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Sayains
    • The World Ends With You
    • Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
    • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    • Knights in the Nightmare
    • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
    • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    • Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
    • Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
    • Summon Night: Twin Age
    • Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
    • Contact
    • Children of Mana
    • Luminous Arc 2
    • Phantasy Star Zero
    I could seriously go on even further.

20. Agate

Agate Member

Suikoden Tierkreis and if you can understand japanese or you are not against to play a game with a faq Tales of Hearts is the best RPG on DS in my opinion so far.