1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A forum with the language of 10 year-olds.

Discussion in 'Rants' started by cuccio123, Mar 18, 2010.

1. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

They "lack full English skills"? The very presence of the word "full" negates your assertion that they do not possess English skills at all.

Besides, not possessing something does not mean no possessive apostrophe is used. Enter the phrase "kids English skills" into any grammar-checking word processor and see for yourself.

2. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

My English lessons have all been a lie, then. That's the way I have been taught through my earlier years. I never said I was wrong or right though.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Odd for your teacher to specifically tell you about a grammatical niche, only for it to be incorrect.

I didn't say I was right or wrong either, so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's not just this site that have bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

I have just recieved one of the worst replies in my life...

It took me about 3 minutes to understand what they were saying.
    We were talking about Majora's Mask.

That's just sad if you ask me...

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I never considered people that cant speak English came on here.I have read posts that are all garbled,so thanks Loony for pointing that out.

But how do they know which sections etc to look at when they cant speak English.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

running words through an online translator, or maybe they understand some English but not much

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

like sad**y, he's doing it through translators

8. snebbers

The way I read what you say, feels like you're trying to prove that I'm wrong and that you're right. Correcting other people is generally what you do, sarcasm included or not.

9. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Weren't you the one who originally set out to correct someone?

10. snebbers

In a joking manner. Hence the emoticon.

11. gaynorvader

So you were seriously correcting him the second time then?

12. snebbers

No Tehuber1337 corrected my English, I didn't agree with it due to the way I have been taught. Simple as that.

13. gaynorvader

How is that any different?

14. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

Let's all flame eachother when we aren't even the problem. The problem is on the boards. Also, I HATE it when I see people making new threads/ Posting in threads with things like "doez teh rom wurk yt?" When the question is answered maybe 100 times on the forum. You should take maybe.... 5 minutes to read through the stickies, or read through the rules at least. Because after all, you did take the time to sign up for the site, wasting your time to begin with when all you're going to do is screw around and get banned. Also, since it's the internet, I don't use, or expect perfect grammar, but I do think that your thoughts should at least be put into something that's read-able.

15. snebbers

Me and Tehuber1337 were debating the correct grammar to be used in that given scenario. The person in question was forgotten. It is quite different.

Yeah the general laziness ticks me right off too >_<.

16. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Most mods and admins on this site use proper english grammar, with a few occasional typing errors. Most of the people that join RomU have either been on facebook or msn too much =/

17. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but both on Facebook and MSN I am the epitome of good English skills.

18. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Not for other people.

19. snebbers

Some of the people that I talk to, do exactly the same thing. It drives me nuts because I dislike deciphering what they are trying to say to me. If that wasn't bad enough then their grammar is missing from it, as well as punctuation. The general structure of the sentences makes it even harder for me to read. Since this I've been going on Windows Live Messenger a lot less.

20. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I do not see the difference you speak of. You tried to correct someone and ended up making a farce of it, thats when Tehuber stepped in and corrected you. It was then that you tried to excuse your mistake through ignorance, whether this ignorance is your fault or not is another matter all together.

P.S. It's "Tehuber1337 and I [...]".