1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A few things

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by necr0, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

This is just a couple of suggestions:

A chat box. They are really good, easy to use and often very helpful.
    Sure, they can be spammed and such, but I'm sure if maybe a few people can get mod status on the chatbox and control the spam before it spirals out of control that would be okay.

Downloads section. Similar to DS-Scene or Filetrip.
    Allow users (or just mods or others) to upload firmwares and such to the site. Will avoid linking to MediaFire and such.

More retro systems. Like the 5th generation and below systems. A lot of the files aren't large, so I wouldn't say space would be a problem.
    Just gives more legality to the 'bring your childhood memories to your computer' and 'glory of days long past'. Would be pretty cool if RomU hosted them.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We decided long ago we would never have a chatbox.

2) is up to Seph, but I don't think its a direction he wants to go in.

3) We had retro and it was barely used, so we got rid of it to save space. Individual files for most retro systems might be small, but the number of them more than makes up the difference.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

We have a chatbox.
    It's called IRC.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I already covered these in the "know your ancients" question thread a few weeks ago. Basically I'd love to do those but don't have the time right now.

5. zking0games

zking0games Member

Yes but assuming we use NUM(Non User Members) as mods for the chat box, and update them and have moderators moderating the NUMs to make sure the NUMs don't go faulty or get hacked and programmed to block out good behavior rather than bad behavior. If we can update the NUMs we can make sure the users and NUMs everywhere on the site behave.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You could have the most reliable system on Earth and RomU still wouldn't have a chatbox, get over it.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we are not getting a chat box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.