1. This forum is in read-only mode.

5402 - Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren 5 – Fortun Tower to Unmei no Dice

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Prectorian, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Kuronekokun

Kuronekokun New Member

I dusted off my old regular R4 and threw Wood v1.19 on it like you suggested and ran the patched rom, and it started up just fine. This is pretty ironic, I bought the Acekard 2i because I heard it had better compatibility but I ended up going back to R4 for now xD

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. I do hope they come out with a fix for Acekard 2i eventually, but in the meantime this works great.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Can you please post how you got it to work? Cause the one I tried (NO$GBA & NO$Zoomer) cannot run it, it just show 118% with black screen. I'll add it to the top post. Thanks.
    Post Merge: [time]1291981742[/time]
    You're welcome.

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Try using this full package.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ho9bdjztt999dni

Also see this tutorial
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=50586.0

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Through BIOS, go to the links which Genkaku has posted.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Prectorian

Post Merge: [time]1291997588[/time]
    Thank you both. I've added on top, with your names credited too.

6. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

I got this problem too, I'm also using Acekard2i / AKAIO 1.8.1 / 2GB Sandisk MicroSD.. but it seems the game loads fine if I used red DMA mode by holding A when loading the ROM.. The "Please reinsert DS Card" message doesn't appeared.. I tried this using clean and patched ROM ..

Edit: Got freeze using clean ROM with AAP enabled..

7. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok, i got around to test the patched version of the game, it seems that it changes something in the coding cause i had difficulty on Supercard, now with acekard i tested to see if i would get this message and i didn't get a freeze but i did get that message though >__>

8. Prectorian

Hi,

As I stated in the patch's spoiler on the first page. There are reports of it causing SAVE file error. That is the official patch from Rudolph and posted by Stevetry by the way. It might not be perfect. I might suggest not using it at all for the time being until a better patch available.

Edit: Adding this issue to the spoiler of the patch section.

9. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

Tested some things,

I try unpatched and patched ROM using AKAIO 1.8.1 with 2GB Sandisk with AAP Enabled using Yellow DMA Mode and both gives me "Save File Error"

I try unpatched and patched ROM using AKAIO 1.8.1 with 2GB Sandisk with AAP Enabled using Red DMA Mode.. "Save File Error" doesn't happens but I got random freeze using unpatched ROM.. No problem on patched ROM so far..

Using the same MicroSD, I don't get "Save File Error" error on Wood v1.19 on both ROMs..

10. Prectorian

Thanks, I've added your testing to the patch section in page 1.

11. synce

synce New Member

Game doesn't work for me. Tested:

Acekard 2i
    Akaio 181
    Transcend 8gb
    AAP off/on
    Red/yellow dma
    Unpatched/patched

Gotta wait for next Akaio update it looks like. This is the first of 100+ games that has given me trouble :/

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

DSTT/YSMENUR4

Added to Retro's v6.41 - With many thanks to retro for his fixes!

Ivy the Kiwi (E) Added and working
    9Hours 9Persons 9Doors (U) Freeze Fixed , Create a new .sav file "only"
    Added - Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren 5 – Fortun Tower to Unmei no Dice (BAHAMUT) (JPN)

TTMenu_Folder_Files

http://www.mediafire.com/?f58320lfdlh6gd8

13. Prectorian

Thx for the info, but its been tested a few days ago by 2 members; 1 got it working, the other didn't.

Here's the method claimed by 1 member who said it work well so far, try it.

Quoted from my patch section in page 1:
    *Tested patched rom on AKAIO v.1.8.1 with 2GB SanDisk - APP Enabled
    using RED DMA MODE. Work with no issues so far.
    Tested by : Englishteacher

*Tested both un-patched and patched rom on AKAIO v.1.8.1
    using Wood v.1.19. Work with no issues so far.
    Tested by : Englishteacher

Post Merge: [time]1292245777[/time]
    Thanks for the link, I'll add that to the top post. But personally I've copied the codes from the unofficial made by Rudolph into the one made by Retro. But no matter, most members don't know how. So this will be very helpful for those who don't know how to edit using TTDT.exe

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

@ prectorian

I know not many people know how to use TTdT.exe to edit extinfo and infolib also savlib.dat's

I have added but not had the game to test it, If it work's please let us know ?

Did it work when you added it yourself prectorian ?, However the over two games do work and tested!

15. Prectorian

I can tell you that for Fushigi ; it work with patch and without patch as long as those .DAT codes are added. Before adding those codes, the YSMENU only recognized the icon but when tried to load it freeze. But with that codes from Rudolph's unofficial it load and play with no problem so far.

I have not play the other 2 games, and does not intend to. I'm not interested with those 2 games so I did not download it, sorry. But I'm guessing if its from Rudolph's unofficial, it would likely work. I think, not sure though.

16. synce

synce New Member

Okay I figured out why the game wasn't working for me but was working for others. Apparently it's only playable on red DMA mode, but for some reason my card can't play this game or any other using that mode. Will look into this further...

17. Prectorian

I don't own an AceKard 2i, but it seems like it got something to do with the SD Card, most member using SANDISK seems to find no issues.

18. Prectorian

Latest v.1.20 Wood R4 claim to fix AP issues for this game